In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

My neighbors probably think this

savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,504 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
[img][/img]disturbed.jpg Yesterday coming back from range unloading my truck I probably got a few on edge

Comments

• sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    true story,,one time I had a job transfer and I knew we were not going to be there but 2yrs so I had found a pretty nice little house in a neighborhood that my wife liked the schools,in the process of moving in I had brought in the gun safe's ,put them in what was the dining room and had all the firearms layed out in the floor to wipe down and put up,One of the new neighbor ladies came to see who was moving in,the front door was open because we were bringing in boxes and she just walked on in ,when she saw all the guns she freaked,she called the cops,the landloard ,the school board and I think the news paper ,needless to say I had several visitors come by to check us out [}:)]
  • M1GarandloverM1Garandlover Member Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now that is one I can relate to[:D]
  • savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,504 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    we just had some work done on the house that needed inspector to sign off onI had to move the safe so i had empty it out with the guns in the living room the inspector came early and see all the guns turned out he was a collector he was there for a couple hours and never looked at the work that was done.
  • Lonestar86Lonestar86 Member Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sharpshooter039
    true story,,one time I had a job transfer and I knew we were not going to be there but 2yrs so I had found a pretty nice little house in a neighborhood that my wife liked the schools,in the process of moving in I had brought in the gun safe's ,put them in what was the dining room and had all the firearms layed out in the floor to wipe down and put up,One of the new neighbor ladies came to see who was moving in,the front door was open because we were bringing in boxes and she just walked on in ,when she saw all the guns she freaked,she called the cops,the landloard ,the school board and I think the news paper ,needless to say I had several visitors come by to check us out [}:)]

That is awesome!!!!! Not as good as your experience, but we moved to a more upscale neighborhood in the outer burbs two years ago, and I found some great bowhunting on state land along the river behind our subdivision. One night I stuck a decent buck and brought him home tied to the rack on the fourwheeler through the neighborhood. It dripped a minor blood trial on the sidewalk and drive way to the garage. Neighbor lady goes out to go jogging early the next day and sees it and comes over yelling and pounding on our door at 6:45 in the morning just to see if we were ok. I explained the situation, and that it was deer blood, not human. I thanked her for her conern for our safety, etc. Now I have heard she only refers to me as the "Redneck Next Door" or "Bambie Killer", both of which I wear with a badge of honor by the way. She has also refused our invitations to attend our neighborhood crawfish boils because she is afraid I will be a poor influence on her neutered husband.