In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

They found Nick dead today

jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 26,019 ******
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Nick was a couple years behind me in age. He looked like Forrest Gump after he had been running across the country for a couple of years (Long hair and long beard). Nick wasn't retared, and not really that slow, he just never fit in. I suppose every town in the country has at least one Nick. He never worked, never got in trouble, and never was a burden on anyone. He had family, and they helped him whenever they could, but he chose to live the way he lived.
He never had a "home". Never had a job. He would watch your boat at the boat landing while you went up the hill to get your truck and you'd slip him a $5 or $10. He wouldn't turn down a drink and he said his share of cuss words, but he wasn't a drunk and he wasn't offensive.
Nick was one of God's creatures and I'm sure if you could ask him right now, he'd say he had a good life. He lived free and walked this Earth as a free man, beholden to no man.
There's still hope for a country where a man can live like Nick did. No one tried to put him in jail, or institutionalize him because he didn't "conform".
He lived about as free as a man can live, in these times.

Comments