In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Gun Collection Software

BaseJumperBaseJumper Member Posts: 5,570
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I found a lot of threads with info on this topic. A lot of guys really like Gun Collector. It's free, functional and pretty easy to use.

There was some stuff that I felt was missing. I was going to build my own database, but when you can find something useful for cheap (or free) why bother.

I found My Gun Collection, by Burnsoft
http://www.burnsoft.net/Shareware_Software_Details.aspx?Main=Software&Page=Downloads&Title=Collections%20Management%20-%20My%20Gun%20Collection&ProdID=104

It's $15 bucks and has a lot of features. One of the nice ones that I found missing from Gun Collector, is ammo tracking. There is a complete list report for total numbers but also there is a tab under your weapon for ammo that shows exactly how many you have in that caliber.

Anyone else here use it? Got anything that you do use that you are particularly fond of?

Well, gun cleaning is done, ammo inventory updated. off to start on the weekend Honey-Do list.

Have a good one all.

Comments

• BaseJumperBaseJumper Member Posts: 5,570
    edited November -1
    Anyone remember the link to the free gun collecting software hat was posted here a while back? Or does anyone know of any other software for collecting purposes?
    Thanks guys and gals!
  • BaseJumperBaseJumper Member Posts: 5,570
    edited November -1
    Does anyone use any kind of program on their computers to keep up with your gun collection and if so what do you use? I have used a program on Filemaker Pro for some years but was concerned that whoever found the CD in the safety deposit box after I assume room temperature wouldn't be able to read it because not everyone has access to Filemaker. I am playing with a trial version of "My Gun Collection" by Burnsoft. Just wondered what was being used by the group.