In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

New School in Georgia

hooch31Lhooch31L Member Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I think some kids could really use this to get themselves on the right track. I would send one of mine if it was free.

http://www.military.com/news/article/georgia-activists-slam-usmc-high-school.html?ESRC=dod.nl

Comments

• BaseJumperBaseJumper Member Posts: 5,570
    edited November -1
    quote: from someone potentially opposing the school

"There has been some quick maneuvering without the taxpayer's knowledge," said Michael Burke, a Vietnam veteran who represents the Georgia Veterans Alliance. "We think there's been some shady dealings going on and we want to know what is really happening here."

Burke insists he's not anti-military.

"No one who knows me can call me that," the 10-year Army veteran told Military.com. "I want people to understand that 13 years old is too young to be shoving the military down these kids' throats."

I guess selling drugs, gang-bangin' and killin kids for their sneaks at 13 is okay.

A disciplined environment will teach them self-reliance, a sense of worth and accomplishment. Sounds like a pretty damn good idea to me.