In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The bronze rat

HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
A Tourist walked into a Chinese curio shop in San Francisco. While looking around at the exotic merchandise, he noticed a very lifelike, life-sized, bronze statue of a rat. It had no price tag, but was so incredibly striking the tourist decided he must have it. He took it to the old shop owner and asked, "How much for the bronze rat?"

"Ahhh, you have chosen wisely! It is $12 for the rat, $100 for the story," said the wise old Chinaman. The tourist quickly pulled out twelve dollars. "I'll just take the rat, you can keep the story."

As he walked down the street carrying his bronze rat, the tourist noticed that a few real rats had crawled out of the alleys and sewers and had begun following him down the street. This was a bit disconcerting so he began walking faster.

A couple blocks later he looked behind him and saw to his horror the herd of rats behind him had grown to hundreds, and they began squealing.

Sweating now, the tourist began to trot toward the Bay. Again, after a couple blocks, he looked around only to discover that the rats now numbered in the MILLIONS, and were squealing and coming toward him faster and faster.

Terrified, he ran to the edge of the Bay and threw the bronze rat as far as he could into the Bay.

Amazingly, the millions of rats all jumped into the Bay after the bronze rat and were all drowned.

The man walked back to the curio shop in Chinatown.

"Ahhh," said the owner, "You have come back for story?"

"No sir," said the man, "I came back to see if you have a bronze Republican." [;)][;)]

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    The Bronze Rat

A tourist walks into a curio shop in New York City. Looking around at the exotics, he notices a very lifelike, life-sized bronze statue of a rat. It had no price tag, but it was so striking he decided he must have it.

He took it to the owner:

"How much for the bronze rat?"

"Twelve dollars for the rat, one hundred dollars for the story," said the owner.

The tourist gave the man twelve dollars. "I'll just take the rat, you can keep the story."

As he walked down the street carrying his bronze rat, he noticed that a few real rats had crawled out of the alleys and sewers and began following him down the street. This was very disconcerting, and he began walking faster. But within a couple blocks, the herd of rats behind him had grown to hundreds, and they began squealing.

He began to trot toward the Hudson River, looking around to see that the rats now numbered in the MILLIONS -- and they were squealing and coming toward him faster and faster. Concerned, even scared, he ran to the edge of the river, and threw the bronze rat as far out into the river as he could. Amazingly, the millions of rats all jumped into the Bay after it, and were all drowned.

The man walked back to the curio shop. "Ah ha," said the owner, "you have come back for the story?"

"No," said the man, "I came back to see if you have a bronze anti-gunner."
    http://www.keepandbeararms.com/information/XcIBViewItem.asp?ID=3504

"If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege." - Arkansas Supreme Court, 1878
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A tourist walks into a curio shop in San Francisco. Looking around at everything, he notices a very lifelike life-sized bronze statue of a rat. It has no price tag, but is so striking that he decides he must have it.
    He takes it to the owner and asks, "How much for the bronze rat?"
    The owner replies, "$12 for the rat and $100 for the story".
    The tourist gives the man $12 and says, I'll just take the rat, you can keep the story."
    As he walks down the street carrying his bronze rat, he notices that a few real rats have crawled out of the alleys and sewers and begun following him down the street. This is disconcerting, and he begins walking faster. But within a couple of blocks, the herd of rats behind him has grown to hundreds, and they begin squealing. He begins to trot toward the Bay, looking around to see that the rats now number in the MILLIONS, and are squealing and coming toward him faster and faster.
    Concerned, even scared, he runs to the edge of the Bay, and throws the bronze rat as far out into the water as he can. Amazingly, the millions of rats all jump into the Bay after it, and are all drowned.
    The man walks back to the curio shop. "Ah ha," says the owner, "you have come back for the story?"
    "No," says the man, "I came back to see if you have a bronze Liberal Democrat, a bronze Muslim cleric & anything French."[:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]

Eagle_Guns.gif
    standard.jpg
    standard.jpg
    When a worm wants to relax,does he go fishing?  ATF,Eagle Guns
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The Bronze Rat

A tourist walked into a curio shop in San Francisco. Looking around at
    the exotica, he noticed a very lifelike, life-sized bronze statue of a rat.
    It had no price tag, but it was so striking he decided he must have it.

He asked the owner, "How much for the bronze rat?"

"Twelve dollars for the rat. One hundred dollars for the story,"
    said the owner.

The tourist gave the man twelve dollars. "I'll take the rat. You can
    keep the story."

As he walked down the street carrying his bronze rat, he noticed that a
    few real rats had crawled out of the alleys and sewers and they were
    following him down the street. This was disconcerting. He began trotting.

Within a couple of blocks, the herd of rats had grown to hundreds, and
    they were squealing. He ran toward the bay. He looked around and saw that
    the rats now numbered in the MILLIONS, they were squealing loudly, and they
    were coming toward him fast.

Scared, he ran to the edge of the bay and threw the bronze rat as far out
    into the bay as he could. Amazingly, the millions of rats all jumped
    into the bay after it, and they all drowned.

The man walked back to the curio shop. "Aha," said the owner, "you have
    come back for the story?"

"No," said the man. "I came back to see if you have a bronze Democrat."

"Respect your Tools"
    "Freedom is not Free"
  • Options
    iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    sed s/Republican/politician/g

:)
  • Options
    slipgateslipgate Member Posts: 12,741
    edited November -1
    Good one! TOTALLY took me off guard. I thought you were going to say a "bronze Jew".
  • Options
    1911 Gunslinger1911 Gunslinger Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The democrats and republicans would have drowned along with all the other rats in the story.
  • Options
    KSUmarksmanKSUmarksman Member Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911 Gunslinger
    The democrats and republicans would have drowned along with all the other rats in the story.

agreed! [:D]
  • Options
    nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by slipgate
    Good one! TOTALLY took me off guard. I thought you were going to say a "bronze Jew".

That would have been more in line with Hairy's worldview, but the republicans are a close second.

Lord knows he'd never wish for a Bronze arab, muslim, or terrorist.
  • Options
    dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    i like that one hairy[:D][:D]
  • Options
    River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    Yup, good one. I'll just change the ending slightly, before I share it.
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did Harry drown also, must have[:(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fshfndr
    Did Harry drown also, must have[:(]Unlike the Republicans, no Libertarians were injured by the Bronze Rat. [;)]
  • Options
    pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    There's Hairy stirring the pot once again! I'm gonna change the end a little too![;)]
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by slipgate

versatile joke...just substitute your "favorite" political/ethnic/religious group and you're good to go
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    It's fairly accurate, though. The Democ rats would have stopped, set up a committee, talked and negotiated for several weeks, then written up a 1500 page piece of legislation and sneaked it through the US House and Senate without it being read while simultaneously saturating all TV networks with coverage of the death of Michael Jackson and spending several million dollars of taxpayer money. Then they would have adjourned for a month's vacation before returning to follow the bronze rat.
  • Options
    pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocklobster
    It's fairly accurate, though. The Democ rats would have stopped, set up a committee, talked and negotiated for several weeks, then written up a 1500 page piece of legislation and sneaked it through the US House and Senate without it being read while simultaneously saturating all TV networks with coverage of the death of Michael Jackson and spending several million dollars of taxpayer money. Then they would have adjourned for a month's vacation before returning to follow the bronze rat.

Nailed it on the head...LMAO![:D][:D][:D] You're brilliant...Brilliant I say!
  • Options
    BaseJumperBaseJumper Member Posts: 5,570
    edited November -1
    I heard this one about 8 or 9 years ago, but it was more...colorful. eboydell would have loved it.