In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Dano inspired post- I am being silly

FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
quote:Originally posted by dano

But then again, the Titanic shouldn't have gone down. [;)]

Dano you just inspired something, As we know the the Titanic hit a Iceberg in 1912 broke in two (sarcasm) It had to be Global warming![:D]
Don't you see it!!![:D][:o)]

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dano

I just didn't know who to tell........[:(]

You did the right thing keeping it to yourself.
  • tccoxtccox Member Posts: 7,379 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well dammit, don't let Al Gore here about it!! Tom
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its true, Its a feeling in my gut, to instinctive too explain that makes it all clear to me. Global warming sunk the titanic.
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    As well as titanic warming that will sink the globe.

That's what has always frightened me.

I just didn't know exactly how to articulate it.
  • cnsaycnsay Member Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If only the folks from the Titanic could have set him strait.
    House_1_000.jpg
    House #1

A 20 room mansion (not including 8 bathrooms) heated by natural gas. Add on a pool (and a pool house) and a separate guest house, all heated by gas. In one month this residence consumes more energy than the average American household does in a year. The average bill for electricity and natural gas runs over $2,400. In natural gas alone, this property consumes more than 20 times the national average for an American home. This house is not situated in a Northern or Midwestern "snow belt" area. It's in the South. House_2.jpg
    House #2

Designed by an architecture professor at a leading national university. This house incorporates every "green" feature current home construction can provide. The house is 4,000 square feet (4 bedrooms) and is nestled on a high prairie in the American Southwest. A central closet in the house holds geothermal heat-pumps drawing ground water through pipes sunk 300 feet into the ground. The water (usually 67 degrees F.) heats the house in the winter and cools it in the summer. The system uses no fossil fuels such as oil or natural gas and it consumes one-quarter electricity required for a conventional heating/cooling system. Rainwater from the roof is collected and funneled into a 25,000 gallon underground cistern. Wastewater from showers, sinks and toilets goes into underground purifying tanks and then into the cistern. The collected water then irrigates the land surrounding the house. Surrounding flowers and shrubs native to the area enable the property to blend into the surrounding rural landscape.

HOUSE #1 is outside of Nashville, Tennessee; it is the abode of
    the "environmentalist," Al Gore.

HOUSE #2 is on a ranch near Crawford, Texas; it is the residence the of the President of the United States, George W. Bush.

An "inconvenient truth."