In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gun ?

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
I was looking at Riccis guns for sale and i saw where he had 2 S&W pistols for sale and he said they were pinned. I am guessing they mean the barrel am i right?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Glenfield model 25 22lr with the chrome barrel. I just cleaned it and put some bullets in it to try it out. Come to find out it is broke. Would you take it to someone to fix or dont worry about it. I have about 7 22s. With this one broke and maybe having to get rid of the other one i am down to 5. Would you get it fixed or junk it?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a 7mm mag and i was wondering if how much stronger a 300 mag is. Thanks David
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a 22 LR and a 17 HMR also a Keltec sub 2000 9mm rifle. Is there a need for just a 22 mag or will the others fill in. I dont hunt anymore all i do is shoot once in a while.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My daughter gave me a rifle that the pawn shop bought. She had to pay 120 dollars for it. She was told it is a Enfield 308.

It is made in 1944. It has markings on the left hand side on the receiver which is No4 MK I*
    then under it Long Branch

Thats all the markings it has. It does have wood covering all of the barrel except the last 2 inches. Any ideas? Thanks David
  • Options
    edited November -1
    At the pawn shop they have a Remington 7600 pump 30-06 with a bushnell scope. Is that worth 500 dollars.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What is a rebated hammer? I saw it on a GB add. Thanks David
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Whats the differences with Ruger mini 14s.I see early models,late models,and ranch models.Thanks for any help in helping me understand.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A friend wants to sell me his guns and wants 225 for each gun.

The first one is 1917 Gewehr 98 Simson & Stuhl numbers do not match but in great shape.

The next one is a 1932 Finnish M/27 made by Tikkakoski in good shape but the numbers match.

Are they worth the money. If so which should i get.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The largest caliber gun i have is 7mm mag. My ? is what rounds are bigger in order. Thanks David
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My friend died last week from a heart attack. He was 49 but did a lot of steroids during his time here. He had 5 or 6 machine guns and 3 or 4 fully automatic pistols along with silencers and a canon or 2.

I was just thinking who or what would happen to his collection. He was divorced but had 3 brothers. Also how long would the brothers have to get a stamp to keep the weapons.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I watched Bomb Patrol Afghanistan today and they are always sitting the gun barrel in the sand or on the floor of the truck. I dont think all of them had flash surpessers on them. Also they would sit the gun on bi pods and lean it forward and put the barrel in the dirt. I would think they would be protecting the crown better. I would be protecting it like a baby.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A couple weeks ago i gave my parents a 12 gauge semi auto shotgun. My mom cant rack the slide on the gun. She is scared to leave the gun loaded.

Im thinking about buying her a pump 410 or 20 gauge? Or i could give her a single shot 410 or 20 gauge from when i was a kid.

She will be 76 Monday which would be better a 410 or 20 gauge. Also pump or single shot?

Thanks David Also she is only about 5 ft and 100 lbs.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    What is boke about it,, if it doesnt cost more to fix than its worth do it. Or Send it to me and I will fix it..[:D][:D]
  • Options
    hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    Might consider a giveaway if you dont want to fix it. Many of us would love to take it off your hands and make it a usable gun again.[;)]
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,013 ******
    edited November -1
    Your choice. I have about 3 dozen rifles and shotguns in the same shape. Do I fix, sell as is, or break down for parts?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It is a tube fed gun and when you pull the bolt back to feed one in the chamber it extracts it. It will never put on in the chamber. I have to look and see if i have another bolt action 22.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I cant get rid of this one because it is one that my brother in law gave me. It was his grand dads. He gave it to me because he does not believe in guns. I promised him i would not get rid of it.
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dav1965
    I cant get rid of this one because it is one that my brother in law gave me. It was his grand dads. He gave it to me because he does not believe in guns. I promised him i would not get rid of it.

Don't worry about it.
    My two most valuable guns don't work at all. They are only valuable to me because my Father gave them to me.
  • Options
    kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would fix it, unless you want a wall hanger that you dont want to have to worry about when it comes to smaller children around...in which case I would tack weld the bolt shut and set it on some wall hangers.