In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I try to understand but,I just can't

milesmiles Member Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2014 in General Discussion
With three LEO's in the family I do my best to understand and not rush to judgment when cops mess up but, it's getting harder and harder to look the other way.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/cleveland-police-officers-indicted-large-chase-23935859

Comments

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ya,,lose, lose situation, they probably tossed the gun and then emotions got out of control,,and it wouldn't be in the news uless it was a black person who was shot, which it was
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...Look the other way?? Why?

IF and WHEN an LEO screws up, my thought process is the same as when I see someone else commit and equal type screw up...I dont cut that cop any slack just because he's a cop.

BUT, I dont lump all cops in with that particular bad apple either, some folks around here seem to use that thought process, but then cant fix terminally stupid.

Is judging people wrong, sure is..do I judge people...YES! I do it on a case by case basis though, NOT as a group.

Using the "they're all alike" thought process pretty much rules out most professions...all contractors are thieves/liars and scumbags and are out to screw old people...I know because I knew a contractor like that once.

With the Commie Lib media...EVERY story that hints or the media can twist into a "bad cop" story, they will...and face it, cops are news worthy, other scumbags are not so much....when a contractor rips off an elderly couple for $100,000 and puts them on the street...it aint making the evening news...[;)]
  • Options
    milesmiles Member Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by COLT
    ...Look the other way?? Why?

IF and WHEN an LEO screws up, my thought process is the same as when I see someone else commit and equal type screw up...I dont cut that cop any slack just because he's a cop.

BUT, I dont lump all cops in with that particular bad apple either, some folks around here seem to use that thought process, but then cant fix terminally stupid.

Is judging people wrong, sure is..do I judge people...YES! I do it on a case by case basis though, NOT as a group.

Using the "they're all alike" thought process pretty much rules out most professions...all contractors are thieves/liars and scumbags and are out to screw old people...I know because I knew a contractor like that once.

With the Commie Lib media...EVERY story that hints or the media can twist into a "bad cop" story, they will...and face it, cops are news worthy, other scumbags are not so much....when a contractor rips off an elderly couple for $100,000 and puts them on the street...it aint making the evening news...[;)]
    [/quote

Colt, I suppose the fact that I have family that are cops has tended to make me suspect when I've seen reports in the past that were less than flattering about the direction our LEO's seem to be evolving and simply put, that is what I meant by looking the other way because I simply didn't believe much of what I was reading .

Cops have generally been looked up to with rare exception. Where I come from, more and more distrust and animosity seem to be the norm. There is even distrust within the ranks of LEO's. One of my sons told me that the younger the cop, the fewer brain cells he/she seem to have where peoples skills are concerned.

You made reference about a bad contractor and I understand what your saying but at least the contractor (good or bad) was a choice but how do you choose the cop you may have to interact with.

Cops, contractors or whatever must be judged on his or her own merit because we can assume nothing anymore and that's a shame because things used to be different where cops were involved.

Am I bashing all cops, not at all. Am I as comfortable around LEO's as I was once was, the answer to that is also no...
  • Options
    kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So over a hundred rounds were fired.....50 hits were made on the people trying to get away.

So clearly these cops are lousy shots.

WTH? Over twenty rounds in each person? What's going on?