In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

CZ sisters and a gunshop in Slovakia

storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Well, it would really suck to be unarmed while in europe. Luckily, Slovakia allows all kinds of weapons. You may have to jump thru hoops to enjoy the freedoms and rights we enjoy in America but at least you can defend yourself from the Nazi?s if they ever come around.

Here are some photos of the sisters, a trip to check out a uhf spot and the local hunting shop. As you can see, they have no ammo shortage. They had about 20 pistols as well in glass cases that didnt photo well. I?ll try to get them later. The hunting clotes they sell are all hand made and are made of felt, wool and other fine materials. you can find the new stuff at the sports shops but i like the old school and find it lasts a lot longer.

Talked to the owner of the shop today and he said it wouldn?t be a problem for me to purchase a rifle here and ship it over. DO any of you know about the process of sending my rifle over. He said they have done it before and you do not need to be an importer. Just send it to an FFL.

Enjoy

Snmek052.jpg

Snmek098.jpg

Snmek104.jpg

Snmek105.jpg

Comments

• HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    It's the same with the Chech Republic.

Even us kids in 10th grade, could walk in and buy in the gunshop. (a few did - but I didn't bring enough money)
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,910 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was always told that you could not bring weapons into the country.....and the ONLY way to get anything here is to have an import license. I am certain that you cannot just ship one to an FFL.

Nice pictures. That is one interresting ladder!
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • 2ndamendright2ndamendright Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a form you have to fill out and fax to the ATF. I used to bring back shotguns from Turkey every time I went. No shipping if you lock it in a case for the flight home. The paperwork was usually done in a couple of days or so. Try these folks out:

Firearms and Explosives Imports Branch - Telephone: (304) 616-4550
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 23,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have brought firearms from outside the USA and as was already posted. It is just an import form for the FFL to fill out and file with Washinton DC.
    They told me as an FFL that you can periodically import with out the import license.
    Been a few years since I have done this but it used to be easy. Just took a few months for the forms to clear.
  • 4440rk4440rk Member Posts: 495 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is some really nice wood in some of those stocks. Nice pictures.
  • storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 4440rk
    There is some really nice wood in some of those stocks. Nice pictures.

im being fitted for a proper hunting uniform some time after i get back from austria. i will get some good photos of the shotguns and the rifles there. the stocks looked really nice. all thier rifles were out of my price range. the side by side was six grand. i will definately get photos of that one. The styer in the rack had a nice burled end to it.

Hopefully, i will be able to contact CZ in the Czech republic and get a tour or visit their pro shop. From what I have seen, they keep the good stuff over here.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 2ndamendright
    There is a form you have to fill out and fax to the ATF. I used to bring back shotguns from Turkey every time I went. No shipping if you lock it in a case for the flight home. The paperwork was usually done in a couple of days or so. Try these folks out:

Firearms and Explosives Imports Branch - Telephone: (304) 616-4550

thanks for the intel. hopefully it still works that way. i remember that our norge friends had to stop bringing over their rifles a few years back but they planned to bring them back. they purchased new rifles and keep them here.

it would be great if i could get some of these things back to the states.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HappyNanoq
    It's the same with the Chech Republic.

Even us kids in 10th grade, could walk in and buy in the gunshop. (a few did - but I didn't bring enough money)

Currently, you have to jump thru many hoops. In SK you have to pass a psychological examination to see if your are of sound mind. Then you have to take a firearms safety and exam to show that you know weaponry and safety procedures.

Once you have passed both these exams, which also cost you, then you have to take your paperwork in to the police or local government for them to process your gun owner identification. The whole process takes about a month. active and ex military are passed instantly unless dishonorable. When you get your certificate in the mail, you then can go and purchase a pistol. Private sale is allowed but you would be screwed if caught with a weapon and no permit.

Americans with military id or proof of service can also pass the exam. An apostile is needed on your birth certificate for the ID. You must also have a valid visa or declared visit.

Lasers and surefires are not allowed to be mounted. I was told only the police use this. Weapons are to be carried open with no rounds in the weapon. It is ok to have a loaded magazine at the ready as long as there is an empty magazine in the weapon. StrANGE eh_
  • machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    The Germans are making commercial MP44 copies that are being sold around Europe, which is the real reason that PRVI is now in the business of making 8mm Kurz ammunition. The ammo is available here, but the guns are not. The Germans are also making copies of MP38's and MP40's, FG42's, MP3008's (a copy of the late-war German copy of the Sten), and others. While they are legal (and becoming popular) in Europe, they are still prohibited imports in the U.S. (but they are imported into Canada). That's because the ATF, after years of head-scratching, supposedly still cannot determine if any of them are 'easily' convertible to full-auto (read 'politics' right into that).

With Hillary in charge of the State Department, and with the State Department being the authority for granting the permits for commercial firearms importation, guess what?

We might even kiss any more Mosins goodbye, too.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by machine gun moran
    The Germans are making commercial MP44 copies that are being sold around Europe, which is the real reason that PRVI is now in the business of making 8mm Kurz ammunition. The ammo is available here, but the guns are not. The Germans are also making copies of MP38's and MP40's, FG42's, MP3008's (a copy of the late-war German copy of the Sten), and others. While they are legal (and becoming popular) in Europe, they are still prohibited imports in the U.S. (but they are imported into Canada). That's because the ATF, after years of head-scratching, supposedly still cannot determine if any of them are 'easily' convertible to full-auto (read 'politics' right into that).

With Hillary in charge of the State Department, and with the State Department being the authority for granting the permits for commercial firearms importation, guess what?

We might even kiss any more Mosins goodbye, too.

i sometimes wonder how they can stop the importation of a single pistol into the states but they can?t seem to be able to prevent human cargo from coming in illegally.

im guessing hitlary and bo hussein will dig such a big hole, we will get any firearm we want so long as we stay alive...

peace