In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bump stocks will be banned - what about

cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2018 in General Discussion
those 10-22 based Gatling guns. A friend bought the kit about 6 years ago and added two Ruger 10-22. They fire by turning a crank. 100 rounds as fast as you can crank. Is this next?
It's too late for me, save yourself.

Comments

• Options
    IdahoboundIdahobound Member Posts: 20,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How about binary triggers
  • Options
    oldWinchesterfanoldWinchesterfan Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I read the proposed regulation, posted a summary here, and it only addressed bump stocks, nothin else was even mentioned. And their logic for the ban was very specific to how bump stocks operate.

When the final rule is issued I'll read it and post a summary. Until it is actually issued, anything else is just speculation. But you can bet bump stocks will be banned.

The big question to be answered is whether there will be some form of compensation for folks that relied on the prior ATF ruling that they were legal and bought one or will they just be SOL.

And I guess ATF could expand the scope of the ban beyond what was proposed but that would open them up to litigation.

Added: there is a good reason everyone is calling it "the bump stock ban."
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lucas McCain will have to take the screw out of the trigger guard of his rifle.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It would be difficult to extend the 'continuous cycle of fire with one pull of the trigger' definition to a hand cranked set up.

The regulation addresses bump stocks and, from what I can tell, any device that creates a situation where a second round can be fired without a physiological movement of the trigger finger.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    May be a good test drive for our newly refurbed SCOTUS?
  • Options
    XP100XP100 Member Posts: 436 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Will the ban Jerry Mickulics(Spelling) trigger finger next?
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ban on new ones or will it include existing ones? How about older pump rifles that can be fired by just pumping & holding back the trigger?
  • Options
    themountainmanthemountainman Member Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And this is the "Most Gun Friendly President Ever"???????? Et tu Brutus
    There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those who can do math and those who can't. :?