In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

My Christmas Present

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited December 2018 in General Discussion
Select-fire came over today and brought my Christmas present. (Dont tell him I know though[;)]) A realy cool Marlin Camp 9. He brought it to tease me[}:)][:D]. Now I cant wait till Christmas[^]
TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    The kids asked me what i wanted for Christmas and i told them to save there money that i did not need anything.

They had heard me mention getting a sand blaster to clean up some rusty tools that i buy from pawn shops.

Old wrenches and pipe wrenches and other tools like that. My shop is limited in size so i was going to get one that would sit on my work bench.

My workbench is 30 inches deep and 20 foot long so i had enough room for it on the bench.

They bought me a big stand up sand blaster. Its really nice and i put it together yesterday. I have media but i have not tried it out yet.

I will sand blast something next week.

I have a small pipe wrench that is shaped like a S that i want cleaned up so i can read the writing on it.

I do wish they would have spent the money on their kids though.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just bought 10 30 round pmags, 1 60 round pmag, and 10 33 round glock mags for 279 dollars.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Here is a pic of my Christmas present from my wife and daughter. A Smith&Wesson model 22-A1 22lr. I think it's sweet!
    It's been abour 15 years since I have aquired a new handgun. What was the empty cartridge case that came with the gun for? OH, I was supposed to turn that in to the gun Nazies?? I applied my acetlene torch to it and turned it into something that resembles a gold nugget[:D]. It also had a gun lock in the plastic case. My brother needs that for his tool box.
    22Gun.jpg

Aberdeen.gif
    81st FA BN WWII...Thanks Dad
    U!S!A! ALL THE WAY!!
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Got some small Presents. But that does not matter to old for them anyway.

Did get one Mistletoes Footprint Plaque of the Great Grand Son and Daughter. That was a good one.

Along with the Hugs from the Great Grand daughter and Hold the Great Grand Son. Took three days for the Grand daughter to sit with me. She is really shy and just as soon as she got used to me I had to head home.

Now on your blaster, make sure to get a bulb made to work in that environment. May also want to make a suction draw to get rid of the dust or you will never see what you are working on. I hooked a vacuum on mine.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    years ago i got stand up one from harbor freight ..hooked a small shop vac to it ...had to silicone the tub seams..fine media sneaks thru ...OK
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It came with a light in it but the light is crap.

It came with a place to hook up a dust collection unit. The shop vac is a great idea. I have 2 so i can hook one up permanent.

Thanks for the idea.
  • Options
    asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you use your shop vac as a dust collector get one of the HEPA drywall filters to put in it. That dust will eat fan and motor bearings for breakfast.

Also, use window shrink film on the glass window. Both sides. The interior doesn't need explained, but on the exterior because dust from blasting will settle on the glass and the solution is to simply wipe it off. Eventually the glass gets scratched enough it's difficult to see through. Takes a while to reach that point, bit is a PITA when it does.
  • Options
    themountainmanthemountainman Member Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Snacks and Wine and BENSHOT stein.
    There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those who can do math and those who can't. :?