In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

SAVED A LIFE TODAY

jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
i was transplanting some of my pepper plants in to biger peat pots today. as i got another plant ready, i reached into the bag of dirt, as i had did many times before, i felt something move. well it scared the pizz out of me. i looked in the bag and there was a toad about the size of a half dollar. now i bought this dirt in february and it was a frozen chunck. i know toads hibernate, but i wonder just how long that critter was baged up and where it came from. it is now free again. no i didnt kiss it

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jwb267
    i was transplanting some of my pepper plants in to biger peat pots today. as i got another plant ready, i reached into the bag of dirt, as i had did many times before, i felt something move. well it scared the pizz out of me. i looked in the bag and there was a toad about the size of a half dollar. now i bought this dirt in february and it was a frozen chunck. i know toads hibernate, but i wonder just how long that critter was baged up and where it came from. it is now free again. no i didnt kiss it

Maybe you should have...was it a female toad...you never know what might have come out of it...
  • Options
    slipgateslipgate Member Posts: 12,741
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ECC
    quote:Originally posted by jwb267

Maybe you should have...was it a female toad...you never know what might have come out of it...

With toads usually pee!
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    Let us know how those warts progress.
  • Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,039 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hope the peat wasn't from another country or you may have unleashed a plague on the country.
  • Options
    Victim16Victim16 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You did a good thing! God will praise your generosity.