In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Feeling Tacos -

84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
About 1-2 lbs. ground Chuck, browned with a large fine diced onion, several of gunnut505's spices. Soft corn tortillas done one by one in EVOO, and a small cast iron skillet. Sour cream, fine shredded sharp cheddar, some fine diced onions. Tabasco sauce and some hot salsa.

Just realized, I need some lettuce or cabbage, and a bonus would be some home made guacamole, and some Ranchero style refried beans.

LOVE me some Tacos. [:D]

Comments

• Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Local place does it with shredded beef. Man is that good. I also get some Beef Taquitos when I go there. That was Thursday dinner.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Burgers for tonight!

I got some nice Tomatoes out of the garden and had a BLT for lunch, left over Bacon and Tomato are going on the burger!
    RLTW

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sam06
    Burgers for tonight!

I got some nice Tomatoes out of the garden and had a BLT for lunch, left over Bacon and Tomato are going on the burger!

Sounds good. My Tomatoes are still only a foot tall. We had some late season heavy frosts and freezes. I made that mistake, last two years in a row with my veggies.

Everyone here, got a late start due to the wierd weather.

Screwed my fruit trees, again. Full bloom, then BAM, 28* nights several nights in a row.

Grumpygy - LOVE Taquitos, as well. Mmmnnn.......
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We had similar WX here. My fruit trees are doing OK but last years they got zapped.

I planted the Garden 1 May, that is the latest I have ever planted. I have Early Girls and Better boys getting rip along with 3 types of cherry tomatoes.

Once you eat home grown tomatoes the stuff in the store is not fit for anything but throwing at Maxine Waters.
    RLTW

• Options
    Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK :

Looks like my 'girl-friend' wants a chef salad ????

Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Feeling Tacos, one of my favorite pastimes.[:D]
  • Options
    wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by droptop
    Feeling Tacos, one of my favorite pastimes.[:D]

Preverts I tell ya, Preverts!

You would have thought that it would have been caught sooner.
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did grilled cheese sandwiches for the girls and coastie Amy tonight

Peppridge farms farmhouse white bread and a thick sliced sharp American cheese - organic heirloom tomato sliced thin and pan seared - two slices of center cut smoked thick javalina bacon

A small amount of light shredded cheese - a five cheese blend including Philadelphia cream cheese

Some with decent mild pre pan seared pepperoni instead of bacon

I took some large premium baking potatoes and made "pub chip" style French fries

Fresh home made lemon / lime ade in thick wide glasses over ice

Desert was a portion of bryers Dutch vanilla ice cream with some m&m's and some whip cream

Seemed to have been well received by the women folk who would not let me clean up - though I did load the dishwasher

Personal playing it safe I had a premium cut good ground beef hamburger on a nice Kaiser roll - only adding sea salt and ketchup and a little yellow mustard,

And I allowed myself a chocolate and vanilla Dixie cup

The dog and ferret got some scraps and some bacon grease mixed in with their dry food

I had some asparagus left over that I chopped up and mixed in with the meal for the hedgehog and the duck

If I can eat later tonight I may take some panko bread crumbs and pan sear some heirloom ugly tomatoes and snag myself a frozen Hershey bar

Also for coastie Amy I bumped it up a notch and added some pizza sauce and some of the aforementioned shredded blended cheese mix

It was nice to have them gathered around and talking during the prep period and to join them at the table to share a meal

Mike
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds good but next time try this. It's a taco croissant ring, and it's very easy to make, especially if you put it in a pie dish. It's taste so much better than regular tacos, I put lettuce, cilantro, diced tomatoes, diced onions, homemade salsa and sour cream on mine

https://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/taco-crescent-ring/a52fade5-13ce-483a-b1d6-55c22aeb5c5a
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,068 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Make quesadillas and use that as the taco shell [:0][:0][:0].
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,026 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,375 ******
    edited November -1
    Topic reminds me of a Halloween party activity where the participant is blindfolded and has to put his hands in a bowl of.....[:0][:D]
  • Options
    Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK :

Looks like 'grilled T-Bone steaks' , baked tators & salad tonite !!!!!!

And :

A lil 'girl-friend' for some dessert later ?????

Thanks !!!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Quote: A lil 'girl-friend' for some dessert later

I'm goin to start callin you "Greyhound Gal Getter" there AZ![:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Funny this topic came back up. Heating some Taco meat up, in with a can of re-fried beans, as we speak. Will be frying up a plethora of soft corn tortillas in EVOO, one at a time in a cast iron skillet, shortly.

Guacamole, sour cream, fresh diced onions, fresh thinly sliced lettuce, some fine shredded sharp cheddar cheese, Tabasco sauce, green salsa, and some hot red salsa.

Taco meat was already Chile Piquin' ("Hot, hot, be careful.") dusted.

One of my favorite all time things to eat.

LOVE me some Tacos. [:D]

(Sorry misspelled Chile Pequin') had to correct it.

Had 8 awesome overstuffed Tacos last PM. About to Have 8-10 more, here shortly. [:D]

Mmmmnnnnn mmmnnnnn......................good!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bravo, I bet you keep a fire extinguisher in your bathroom![:D]
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,026 ******
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D][:D]