In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

HI point model C

montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 59,186 ******
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Anybody got one,had one ? Any good ? Got a chance to get one in 9mm for 149.00 I never heard of them till I saw this one tonite.

Comments

• westernMDhunterwesternMDhunter Member Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are they buy one get one free?
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,914 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pretty decently made cheap guns. That is the average price for one....you can find them used for around $99.00 People on this forum will give you a hard time if you admit to having one....because something that cheaply made is always looked at as being kind of a joke (but for the money I can't say it isn't worth every penny.) They do have a lifetime warranty and the company is very nice to work with....they will get your gun back to you quickly if you ever do have a problem.

They are big and heavy....only hold 8 rounds unless you get the 10 round mag. The compensated guns are NOT the way to go.....who needs a compensated 9mm or 380? The laser attachment is also something I would skip. Just have fun with it if you do get one.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • hdcolt51hdcolt51 Member Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    don't waste your money
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 59,186 ******
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the replys
  • bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    If it's all you can afford...

I guess it's better than a rock.
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    you'd be better-off with a "HI-STANDARD"!![:D]
  • Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had one for a while. I was shooting at a groundhog one day and the thing jammed on me. Two days later I traded it for a SA XD40SC. One of the smarter moves I've made.

It will go bang most of the time and is fairly accurate, but it's not a gun you would want to trust your life or a loved one's life with. Plus it's top heavy, unbalanced, and butt ugly.

Just my opinion, if you have one, enjoy it.[:)]
  • 101stguy101stguy Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ok, I'll admit it, yes I have a Hi point 45, yeah, I know... They are heavy, ugly, and very inexpensive. I will say I have never had it jam, and it shoots with very acceptable accuracy. I would not recommend it for concealed carry unless you live in the Yukon and where a bear skin coat!
  • pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 101stguy
    Ok, I'll admit it, yes I have a Hi point 45, yeah, I know... They are heavy, ugly, and very inexpensive. I will say I have never had it jam, and it shoots with very acceptable accuracy. I would not recommend it for concealed carry unless you live in the Yukon and where a bear skin coat!

I have the .45 also. I got it for 100.00 for my boys. We have shot it quite a bit and it has never jammed on us. I would not trust my family's life with a highpoint. don't know much about the carbines or anthing else. I do know...you get what you pay for!
  • 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Save a couple hundred bucks more and buy a Rock Island 1911. You'll be happier.
  • 101stguy101stguy Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Zulu7
    Save a couple hundred bucks more and buy a Rock Island 1911. You'll be happier.
    yeah, I'm quite happy with my Springfield 1911.[:D]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I belive the OP was talking about the CARBINE model.

I OWN a 9mm CARBINE. Yes, they are clunky, off balance, and cheaply made. It is alot of fun to shoot. Never had a issue with it so far.

However there are better carbines made. If this is just a gun to introduce yourself to carbines, then try one.
  • gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Use the "SEARCH" feature at the top of the page, type in "hi point carbine", and you'll find numerous threads in which I point out that the CARBINE is a worthwhile gun, whereas the pistols are not much better than Glocks. nM LEOs are using them for patrol guns, they are robust, overbuilt, ugly and reliable, and accurate as any other 9mm carbine under $200.
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,291 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Best gun you can buy, most accurate, reliable weapon on the market
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    Best gun you can buy, most accurate, reliable weapon on the market

[:D]
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 59,186 ******
    edited November -1
    I won't say you all are the best or we will have a mile long thread on why your hat don't fit. So I'll just say thanks for the replys. THANKS. Zulu, oh yes, a 1911. Told the wife I want to save for a Rem Rand 1911 wwII issue. It's the same one I carried as a M.P. She said to let her know when I have 1800.00 and she'll let me know how we are gonna spend it[:(] Anyway, I'm passing on the "HI -C" gun. thanks all