In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

call me crazy

kumatekumate Member Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭
edited July 2015 in General Discussion
A few years back we had some people that came over for a visit and they were amazed of all the guns I had at that time. And this one women couldn't believe that I could make a bullet. She was very interested and asked so many questions that I told her (YOUR GOING TO MAKE A BULLET AND YOUR GOING TO SHOOT THAT BULLET AND YOUR GOING TO RETRIVE THAT BULLET) and u will put it all together and I will drill a hole in the case for u to put on your key chain. She was so excited that she said When! When! When!!!![:0]........ 4 women and 2 men and they knew nothing about guns so they were all curious about this.... And this was sort of a party and we were all drinking[:(]......so I showed her step by step how to make a 45 acp bullet......when it came to the powder charge I told her just a pinch of powder will be enough to push the bullet out of the 5" barrel of the Colt 45 acp.......so with her fingers she put a pinch of Bulleye powder into the case........When I use to check the grove diameter of the bore I knew that just the #300 primer would not send the bullet complety out of the barrel so with a pinch of powder when fired would gently push the bullet into my made up cardboard box...then I would take out the perfectly undisturbed bullet and mike it......NOW!!...little did I know her pinch and my pinch of powder were not the same [:0]......so she compleded the bullet assemble and we proceeded for the firing of the bullet......down in the den with my cardboard box in place and every one behind her I told her to aim down at the box 4 feet away....WELL!!!!!!![:0] when this gun went off she screemed, dropped the gun and the bullet went through my box hit the wall to wall carpet and skidded about 2 feet under the rug..... everybody was all shook-up and those who had drinks had to get refills [:D]my wife came down and gave me HOLY HELL, again[:(] and apologized to every one for listening to crazy, she always call me that[:(!].....now 25 years later I get a phone call from this women husband and he tells me she still tells the story how she made this bullet, fired this bullet and retrived this bullet[:D]

Comments