In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Did someone say Carhartt

IdahoboundIdahobound Member Posts: 20,584 ✭✭✭
edited October 2013 in General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That sandstone jacket is a smokin deal...
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are building a new Murdochs near 4 Corners on Jackrabbit, that will be two of them near Bozeman.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Big Sky Redneck
    They are building a new Murdochs near 4 Corners on Jackrabbit, that will be two of them near Bozeman.

This is true opening 3 right now

4 corners MT
    Polson MT
    Silvertorn CO
  • Options
    Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any idea how reliable that soft-shell hooded jacket is in the rain? I could use a nice rain jacket. Ugly color, but I don't care.

Jon
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Mine works good not 100 percent water proof but does a good job. Reg 120.00 for 45.00. Not ma favorite color but I will own one
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Idahobound
    Mine works good not 100 percent water proof but does a good job. Reg 120.00 for 45.00. Not ma favorite color but I will own one

So, it should keep me dry or mostly dry in a light-to-steady rain? If it gets to a heavy rain I won't be out in it anyways. [:D]

And the "T" in the sizes gives you a longer coat correct?

Jon
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sig220_Ruger77

So, it should keep me dry or mostly dry in a light-to-steady rain? If it gets to a heavy rain I won't be out in it anyways. [:D]

Jon

Yes it should do fine in the rain. T=longer coat a sleeves
  • Options
    edited November -1

Jon

Yes it should do fine in the rain. T=longer coat a sleeves

Thanks! [8D] I just ordered myself one of the jackets and a t-shirt.

Jon
  • Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I ordered one of those sandstone jackets, pretty nice deal. [8D]
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,977 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wish Carhartt was made in the US.
  • Options
    ForkliftkingForkliftking Member Posts: 4,907 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog

Some of it still is. Made in my hometown actually. Have a few buddies that work for Carhartt here locally.
  • Options
    the middlethe middle Member Posts: 3,089
    edited November -1

Some of it is, you have to check the label. Only a few factory makes it here, the rest are overseas, mostly in Mexico. The only reason they are still here at all is because of the unions.....the construction trades almost all buy Carhartt...its a very large part of their customer base. Carhartt was going to close a US plant and move it to Mexico with its others there until the Unions protested and reminded Carhartt just who buttered their bread.....they stayed, and a few years later actually expanded the plant....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by the middle

Some of it is, you have to check the label. Only a few factory makes it here, the rest are overseas, mostly in Mexico. The only reason they are still here at all is because of the unions.....the construction trades almost all buy Carhartt...its a very large part of their customer base. Carhartt was going to close a US plant and move it to Mexico with its others there until the Unions protested and reminded Carhartt just who buttered their bread.....they stayed, and a few years later actually expanded the plant....

They are doing more and more back here.
  • Options
    azpowerwagonazpowerwagon Member Posts: 376 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Used their product for years. When the last shirt gave up I bought 6 more while in Oregon. Figured a large was a large. Ha! The one made in Dominican Republic was more a med. and the Honduran made ones X-large, med. Really wanted them all to be large as it was printed on the garment. Poor quality control. Won't be buying them again. [:(]
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,977 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by forkliftking

Some of it still is. Made in my hometown actually. Have a few buddies that work for Carhartt here locally.

Glad to know that, most of my shirts say made in the third world. It is not that I don't like the brand, I wear it a lot, but I wish it was all made here.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I received my order today(Thursday). I would say that is pretty decent ship time! The jacket looks to be very nice and is actually not quite as bright of a blue as it looks online. Still very blue, just not quite as bright. [:)]

FWIW, my T-shirt says "Made in Mexico" on the tag and my rain jacket says "Made in China" [xx(] on the tag.

Jon
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I received my order today(Thursday). I would say that is pretty decent ship time! The jacket looks to be very nice and is actually not quite as bright of a blue as it looks online. Still very blue, just not quite as bright. [:)]

FWIW, my T-shirt says "Made in Mexico" on the tag and my rain jacket says "Made in China" [xx(] on the tag.

Jon

Glad it made it
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,094 ******
    edited November -1
    Always liked,have had good luck with Murdoch and carhart both,,[^][^][^]