In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

This Weather Better Change

woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
Change For the Colder and Snow Or
The Sugaring Is gonna Be Mighty Weak this Year Maples are Budded Already[:0]

Comments

• Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    My Louisiana Sweet orange tree is starting to bud.
  • Options
    toolmaniamtoolmaniam Member Posts: 3,213
    edited November -1
    Wow, your maples are budding already? What part of the country you live in? My Dad used to make his own syrup...Back breaking work on my part going to collect the sap in 5 gallon buckets from all the one gallon buckets on the spigots. Had no tractor or horse. Loved the taste of real maple syrup.
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by toolmaniam
    Wow, your maples are budding already? What part of the country you live in? My Dad used to make his own syrup...Back breaking work on my part going to collect the sap in 5 gallon buckets from all the one gallon buckets on the spigots. Had no tractor or horse. Loved the taste of real maple syrup.

Big business up here, too.

BTW you were the horse, wagon and tractor![:o)]

No buds on our trees.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    65 in SE Ohio today. Tree in back yard is starting to bud.
  • Options
    we_dig_itwe_dig_it Member Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have daffodils in full bloom.
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    On the Rainfall side, we are about 60-70% below normal here in Central CA. Been Colder and dryer than normal.
  • Options
    17tobyracing17tobyracing Member Posts: 3,429 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Upstate NY here and only run the snowblower once this winter. We've done more dirt biking this winter than we did during the summer.
  • Options
    woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    Central NY I will Get some Pics of buds Tomorrowquote:Originally posted by toolmaniam
  • Options
    torosapotorosapo Member Posts: 4,946
    edited November -1
    If we don't get some serious snow here in NE Nevada it's going to be a dry summer. Last year we digging out almost daily, this year it's in the 50's.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,064 ******
    edited November -1
    ....we're gonna pay for this mild no winter,,aint gonna be pretty