In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New medication.....something a teenager might use!

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,704 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2015 in General Discussion
I changed dermatologists to see if a different guy would treat my Rosacea differently. The other guy gave me a prescription for time released antibiotics and a couple useless creams. It helped a teeny bit, but I still had these moments where my face looked like I had just escaped a forest fire or ran from some kind of attacker.

The new guy puts everyone on the magic med....accutane. If you have spots....accutane.....redness....accutane.....a limp or blurry vision....I'm betting he would give you accutane.

It seems to be working. I haven't had anywhere near the craziness with my complexion since I started using this mess.

The hoops you have to go through to get this stuff are UNREAL!!! If they made you do this same thing for the serious pain meds we wouldn't have near as many people abusing meds. I swear....they make you take pregnancy tests, fill out a "pledge," use your pledge ID to fill out an on line agreement, and this is every month....not just at first.

I think I am turning to dust though.....dry is not a dry-enough term for what I feel like right now. I'm afraid to smile because my cheeks might just crumble and fall off.
LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Dad always said " Pretty is a pretty does." No matter what, You're a beauty...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Awww....this just assures me that there are no hidden cameras that you guys can see me with. [:D]

Thank you....you are a sweetie!
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...and ,yur a "moderator"!!!!![:o)]
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kasey, you are both beautiful inside and out. I love you just the way you are. One of my favorite forum members on GunBroker. You always seem to make me smile and always have a kind word, even when you are being picked on. Having that kind of personality is really rare. Larry is one lucky man[;)][:)][^] Love ya, Oakie
  • Options
    jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,220 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I worked Juvenile Correction the doctor prescribed accutane to many of the youth. That medicine will mess you up. After a couple months it will thin your skin and some of the youth would bleed out their nose and even ears from nothing. Also it messed up some of them sexually and I recon it was permanent. I would not take that. After a while seeing what acctane done to them he started prescribing Retin A and it would slick their face off with very little side effects.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My issue isn't so much blemishes as it is swelling and red patches. Its affected by stress and weather more than anything else. I'm on a super low dose.....all it has done is make everything dry as can be.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    Kasey, you are both beautiful inside and out. I love you just the way you are. One of my favorite forum members on GunBroker. You always seem to make me smile and always have a kind word, even when you are being picked on. Having that kind of personality is really rare. Larry is one lucky man[;)][:)][^] Love ya, Oakie

Thank you Oakie.....I'll show him this post next time I do something silly and remind him how lucky he is. [:D] You are one of my favorite forum members too!
  • Options
    sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ,,,,I normally do not recommend a product but I will this one,,,,My wife has delt with rosacea for over 20 years, At first it was so bad every Doctor that saw her tested her for Lupus and the meds did not help. Her saving grace is a bar face soap made with EMU oil that is made for acne,,she uses it nightly, Now, no meds and maybe 2 breakouts a year, mainly if she gets too hot or too much sun. She raved about it so much the local health food store started stocking it for her and now I bet she has a dozen of the local ladies using it

https://www.naturalemuoilproducts.com/shop/oats-honey-emu-oil-soap/
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sharpshooter039
    ,,,,I normally do not recommend a product but I will this one,,,,My wife has delt with rosacea for over 20 years, At first it was so bad every Doctor that saw her tested her for Lupus and the meds did not help. Her saving grace is a bar face soap made with EMU oil that is made for acne,,she uses it nightly, Now, no meds and maybe 2 breakouts a year, mainly if she gets too hot or too much sun. She raved about it so much the local health food store started stocking it for her and now I bet she has a dozen of the local ladies using it

https://www.naturalemuoilproducts.com/shop/oats-honey-emu-oil-soap/

Awesome! I'll give it a try!
  • Options
    wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hope you figure it out, Vegas is really dry during Shot!
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • Options
    kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had bad acne as a teenager
    .....back in 2001 I got put on acutane.....after my treatment ended I've been pretty much permanently cured of acne...I will rarely. ..and I mean once a year ...get a small pimple or blemish. .it goes away by itself in a day or two. That was before there were all the lawsuits about depression and sucide...I was going through some really hard stuff in my life during that time and never once thought about any of that crap....glad I got to take it...
  • Options
    kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    My issue isn't so much blemishes as it is swelling and red patches. Its affected by stress and weather more than anything else. I'm on a super low dose.....all it has done is make everything dry as can be.

Just FYI....drink a crap ton of water...don't skip pills or change times and it will make your skin worse before it gets better.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,091 ******
    edited November -1
    Yep,agree with staying very well hydrated. Get better soon. [:)][:)][:)]