In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Early morning wake up

MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2014 in General Discussion
I was just getting back to sleep after Grouch Attack stomped out to go to work when my cell phone rings. First thought was she'd hit a deer but she's telling me the guy up the road has cattle out and they're headed for the main highway. I jump into some clothes, unload my hunting gear from the Ranger, and head up the road ASAP. Half hour later, we've got most of the escapees back in a fence.
Bunch of newly relocated heifers and they're skittish(conservatively speaking). He's going to wait until daylight to count them because he's afraid more waving of flashlights might put them over another fence.
This guy and myself aren't really on "best friends" terms but I couldn't leave him hung out on a limb. He probably won't speak to me again until he needs something. Mom taught me to "be the better man".

Comments

• Options
    diver-rigdiver-rig Member Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good on you.

I've done the same for a neighbor a mile away, didn't even tell him until me and the dog had em back in. Not so much as a "thanks" at the time.

But a few months later, he returned the favor for me, when in the past he would've ignored them.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yep...some bozos jacking around the country roads at 4am this morn..so we got up and had breakfast and then finally got some more shut eye
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sound like a six pack of good steaks kind of morning.
  • Options
    SawzSawz Member Posts: 6,049
    edited November -1
    We had some fishermen leave 2 gates open. One of our cows got out and one of my nieghbors got out. It was going to take two of us to heard them back to the proper field, his was closest to get done first. after we got his in,I turned to go get mine, I looked around and he was heading home.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,035 ******
    edited November -1
    You done good,Mobuck.

Sawz,that guy was/is an *