In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Obama signs weapons bill??

slipgateslipgate Member Posts: 12,741
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Being reported on CNN right now! WTH?

Comments

• slipgateslipgate Member Posts: 12,741
    edited November -1
    ok nevermind, it is some military spending bill...
  • Saxon PigSaxon Pig Member Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And folks wonder how rumors get started...
  • spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    There was this time, in band camp, where we used to make up rumors to see if they would become rumors and people would report on them and when it happened it was really funny.
  • calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spanielsells
    There was this time, in band camp, where we used to make up rumors to see if they would become rumors and people would report on them and when it happened it was really funny.

Please hand over your man card. You must have at least
    this much
    testosterone to keep it.
  • AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 4,050
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by slipgate
    Being reported on CNN right now! WTH?

You must be talking about the Credit Card bill, that the OK Senator attached the National Park carry bill to. Have not heard Obama signed it yet, but the news is saying he will some time today.
  • slipgateslipgate Member Posts: 12,741
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by callcameron
    quote:Originally posted by spanielsells

Please hand over your man card. You must have at least
    this much
    testosterone to keep it.

Awe come on! Have you not seen "American Pie"?
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If he was in Band camp to get girls, than his testosterone is just fine. If he swished at Band camp, than we got a whole new scenario![:D]
  • ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well the bad thing about this bill is that it will effect my job. I work for a navy ship yard building new naval ships Lets just hope they don't cut out the contracts for boats to be built. We have enough work to last 4 yrs. Maybe by then enough americans will be fed up with obama to vote him out
  • US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ladyhunter
    Well the bad thing about this bill is that it will effect my job. I work for a navy ship yard building new naval ships Lets just hope they don't cut out the contracts for boats to be built. We have enough work to last 4 yrs. Maybe by then enough americans will be fed up with obama to vote him out

We have an "issue" in my town concerning the City Council. I get great pleasure in telling folks you can't "vote somebody out of office". You have to vote somebody "into" office. When people understand this, they start to get involved in their government. Somebody has to step up and be voted in to do the job.

Of course, the opposition to the current office holder - concerning political parties - must actually nominate somebody that the people would want to vote "into" office.