In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

no more guns until mid 2010

robbie pennyrobbie penny Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
is what my local gun shop told me today. they used to have over 50 handguns on display and now they have 3. they have no ammo except shotgun shells.
i am thinking about starting my own gun company cause this is just absurd.

Comments

• BaseJumperBaseJumper Member Posts: 5,570
    edited November -1
    Small store? The larger ones here are well stocked. The guys tell me that they ordered (always) on a schedule and have been low on some stuff that takes longer to get, but they always get it, even ammo. So, if it's a small store that did not keep much inventory and were relaint on "just in time" supply chain solutions, I can see where they might be in trouble.
  • robbie pennyrobbie penny Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Turners Outdoorsman, they are a chain of about 10 stores I think.
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by robbie penny
    is what my local gun shop told me today. they used to have over 50 handguns on display and now they have 3. they have no ammo except shotgun shells.
    i am thinking about starting my own gun company cause this is just absurd.

I've noticed the shops are a bit wanting of inventory too. I took it as a good time to do trade ins - they need product, right? I traded an older Para P10 that I paid $399.00 for a few years ago and a not so great looking Colt 03 that I paid $375.00 for and did a straight swap for a new Colt Defender listed for $885.00.
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Spendy paperweight for the lady !!

Doug
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    robbie if you're talking about Turners in southern California then I'd say look elsewhere. The few times I've dealt with them were worthless. Their prices were not reasonable and if you buy a gun off of GB(even one that they don't carry or is say from 1935) and it is coming from another state they wanted to charge a $150 fee to do it. If you live IN CA and the gun is being transferred by say your neighbor to you then they can only charge the maximum allowed by CA law which is $35 and they have to process the transfer per CA law. I have no problem with a dealer making a little for doing the paperwork & his time but $150 is flat ridiculous. There has to be a decent gun store somewhere in Southern CA.
  • War Pig ActualWar Pig Actual Member Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What part of So. Cal do you stay in RP?
  • War Pig ActualWar Pig Actual Member Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you're in So. Cal, try Cold War Shooters in Highland....they seem to be well stocked these days
  • TrupoBPTTrupoBPT Member Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Last time I was there, Cabelas had at least 3 boxes of each ammo.
  • hotshoothotshoot Member Posts: 4,227
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ruger41
    robbie if you're talking about Turners in southern California then I'd say look elsewhere. The few times I've dealt with them were worthless. Their prices were not reasonable and if you buy a gun off of GB(even one that they don't carry or is say from 1935) and it is coming from another state they wanted to charge a $150 fee to do it. If you live IN CA and the gun is being transferred by say your neighbor to you then they can only charge the maximum allowed by CA law which is $35 and they have to process the transfer per CA law. I have no problem with a dealer making a little for doing the paperwork & his time but $150 is flat ridiculous. There has to be a decent gun store somewhere in Southern CA.

I was looking for a new ffl to do a gb transfer and a pawn shop wanted 10% of the gun value. needless to sayi keep looking and the dealer down the street only wanted 5$[8D]
  • screwobamascrewobama Member Posts: 625
    edited November -1
    ruger41
    Advanced Member

USA
    2719 Posts
    Posted - 05/11/2009 : 4:04:39 PM

When I lived in Anaheim 4 years ago I did some business with a place in Westminister/ Graden Grove area called "The Stockade". They were right off Beach Blvd. at about Garden Gove Blvd. I think? Anyway never had any problems with them.