In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

valkyrie

mp5shootermp5shooter Member Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
anybody seen it yet. i taught it was a good movie had some slow parts.

Comments

• mp5shootermp5shooter Member Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    just watched it, not a flick, but it left a bit out i think
  • tneff1969tneff1969 Member Posts: 6,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Overall it was a pretty good movie
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,062 ******
    edited November -1
    Most entertainers are goofballs. Goes with the territory, I reckon. The occasional John Wayne, Tom Selleck, Fred Thompson, or Gerald McRainey are very rare. The majority are head-in-the-clouds morons, and it amazes me why anyone would listen to them on matters of importance. They are paid to entertain us. In another place and time the job title for that was "FOOL." Most of them still are, and Tom is just one.
  • HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    Tom Selleck and John Wayne are the "ol' days" equivalent of Steven Seagal.

Neither can act worth a darn and have no * expressions to further support their "acting". They only get along on their supposed "fame".

But yes, I've watched Valkyrie and found it to be fairly good, eventhough it's on an old beaten up subject.

Can definately recommend it - it's above average.

And I don't get this "I don't watch movies with the actors xxx, xxx or xxx." - I might not agree with them on certain opinions, but they sometimes make great movies.
  • JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I enjoyed it, i thought Tom took a lot shrapnel over his past. He is still a top notch actor. i think the movie took alot of abuse just because of him.

You watch any movie close enough, you will find endless flaws. Enjoy it for what it is. A story in visual form.
  • hehatemehehateme Member Posts: 724
    edited November -1
    Exactly, Tom Cruise is nuts, but I don't care! He is one of the greatest actors in the world (IMO), and the only movie I've ever seen with him that I didn't like was "Legend". Valkyrie is an excellent movie, saw it in the theater and bought the dvd.
  • jeffb1911jeffb1911 Member Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A few years ago i did not go see movies at the theaters at all. Now that i'm dating someone, she likes to go see them all the time.......and she wanted to see Valkyrie. I thought it was a load of bs personally. The hype was much better than the movie!
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Not a Tom Cruise fan, but the movie was okay. Sandy and I both enjoyed it.
  • RogueStatesmanRogueStatesman Member Posts: 5,760
    edited November -1
    Can't stand that Scientologist, anti-American Cruise!! He needs a closet to get back into!!
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,611 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HappyNanoq
    Tom Selleck and John Wayne are the "ol' days" equivalent of Steven Seagal.

Neither can act worth a darn and have no * expressions to further support their "acting". They only get along on their supposed "fame".

But yes, I've watched Valkyrie and found it to be fairly good, eventhough it's on an old beaten up subject.

Can definately recommend it - it's above average.

And I don't get this "I don't watch movies with the actors xxx, xxx or xxx." - I might not agree with them on certain opinions, but they sometimes make great movies.

You saying you didn't like Magnum PI? Man I still catch some re-runs every so often.
  • HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    Never did watch Magnum PI, no.

I did enjoy "Quigley Down Under" though.
    Wasn't much acting in that, but the story was good.
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    Most entertainers are goofballs. Goes with the territory, I reckon. The occasional John Wayne, Tom Selleck, Fred Thompson, or Gerald McRainey are very rare. The majority are head-in-the-clouds morons, and it amazes me why anyone would listen to them on matters of importance. They are paid to entertain us. In another place and time the job title for that was "FOOL." Most of them still are, and Tom is just one.

Now nunn,

Surely you are not comparing these intellectual elites with court jesters, are you?

[:D][:D][:D] (spot-on, BTW)
  • screwobamascrewobama Member Posts: 625
    edited November -1
    Nope, I can't stand Tom Cruise as an actor or a man. I hate Cruise almost as much as I hate "O". Also don't watch any Disney movies or ABC. Maybe I'm just a closed minded * but I'm happier that way.

I am waiting for Clint in Grand Torino to come out on DVD...should be anytime now..