In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

OATH

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
OATH FOR MEMBERS OF THE MILITIA
I am an American, serving with the unorganized civilian militia which guards my homeland, state, and the constitutions thereof. I am prepared to give my life in their defense.

I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command, I will never surrender the members of my command while they have the means to resist.

If I am captured, I will continue to resist by all means possible. I will make every effort to escape, and aid others to escape. I will accept neither parole, leniency, or any special favors by the enemy.

If I become a POW, I will keep faith with my fellow prisoners. I will give no information or take part in any action which might be harmful to my comrades. If in command, I will strive to maintain morale of those under my command. If not in command, I will obey the lawful orders of those appointed over me.

When questioned as a POW, I am bound to give only name, rank, and date of birth. I will evade answering any further questions to the best of my ability. I will make no oral or written statements disloyal to my beloved homeland and its citizens, or harmful to their continuing struggle for freedom as prescribed by the Constitution of the United States.

In all cases, I will endeavor to instruct and inform members of the unorganized militia units, seeking to persuade them to join the Patriot struggle; urging them for justice and conscience sake to return America to the Constitutional Republic our forefathers envisioned.

I will never forget that I am an American, a citizen of the greatest nation on Earth, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made this country free. I will place my trust in God, the United States of America, and the loyalty of her people.

Comments

• pipe7pipe7 Member Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GRD; where do you find this stuff???
  • hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    I'm with ya on this.. oorah
  • mauser54mauser54 Member Posts: 3,733
    edited November -1
    I agree! I'm in, Oorah! The time is now, and all need to join in and be willing to fight for this wonderful nation we all love so much!
  • callktulucallktulu Member Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That doesn't sound like an oath, but more like the Code Of Conduct for military members, just with selected words replace. Don't oaths usually have an associated swear or affirmation?
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by callktulu
    That doesn't sound like an oath, but more like the Code Of Conduct for military members, just with selected words replace. Don't oaths usually have an associated swear or affirmation?

I'm pretty sure it's a revised version of the Code of Conduct all military had to take when I was in.

The gubment repealed it to make it easier for wimmens to comply.

Doug
  • calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doug Wilson
    quote:Originally posted by callktulu

I'm pretty sure it's a revised version of the Code of Conduct all military had to take when I was in.

The gubment repealed it to make it easier for wimmens to comply.

Doug

How is this any harder for women to comply with?
  • rogue_robrogue_rob Member Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    how can an "unorganized" civilian militia have an "oath", a command, or members of a command?

POW?? come on. Who would want to capture YOU?

What struggle is the oath talking about?? The patriot struggle??

That last line seems kinda "iffy" too. If you're placing your trust in God, the USA, and the LOYALTY of her people, there shouldn't even BE an "unorganized" militia because it sounds to me like someone is planning an overthrow of the government. Don't sound too loyal to me.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rogue_rob
    how can an "unorganized" civilian militia have an "oath", a command, or members of a command?

That last line seems kinda "iffy" too. If you're placing your trust in God, the USA, and the LOYALTY of her people, there shouldn't even BE an "unorganized" militia because it sounds to me like someone is planning an overthrow of the government. Don't sound too loyal to me.

Rob,

I took that oath directly from this site:

http://community-2.webtv.net/VRaven_PSG-1/CivilianSpecial/
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by *_r_done

Rob,

You need to get to the VA asap and get some different meds. The ones you're on now have f'ed you up bad.

your little group has the same basic setup of an al qae'da "cell"

code names? Man, I'm glad I'm not drinking today. That is the most ridiculous website I have ever seen.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by *_r_done

Rob,

You need to get to the VA asap and get some different meds. The ones you're on now have f'ed you up bad.

your little group has the same basic setup of an al qae'da "cell"

code names? Man, I'm glad I'm not drinking today. That is the most ridiculous website I have ever seen.
    I never said I was a member of thier group.[;)]

But I would consider joining if I could meet the physical requirements.

They might seem a little over board but I think it is time for some serious thinking of takeing this country back and we may need people like that on our side to do so.
    edited November -1
    Take the country back from who??

Everyone here is up in arms about the Government but what everyone may have forgotten is the Government was elected.

So people are talking about overthrowing an elected Government? OUR elected Government.

I just don't get it.
  • Aspen79seAspen79se Member Posts: 4,707
    edited November -1

Everyone here is up in arms about the Government but what everyone may have forgotten is the Government was elected.

So people are talking about overthrowing an elected Government? OUR elected Government.

I just don't get it.

You're not alone.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Aspen79se

I just don't get it.

You're not alone.

Glad I'm not.....

Some of the guys here are starting to worry me.
  • zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I just don't get it.

I know from my view point, it is not overthrowing the government. Just standing for your rights and saying enough is enough There is nothing I would like to see more than seeing our government to suceed without trampeling on our GOD given rights so set forth in our Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

The web site is a "little" ways out there.

Lance
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by zink

I just don't get it.

I know from my view point, it is not overthrowing the government. Just standing for your rights and saying enough is enough There is nothing I would like to see more than seeing our government to suceed without trampeling on our GOD given rights so set forth in our Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Lance

Lance, I would love to see the same thing. However, we DID vote for the people in the Government. We're supposed to "trust" in them right? I know it's hard to do but how many folks were up in arms during the Bush administration? They were squawking like most of the ones here are squawking about Obama.

Truth be told, I have had no problem with him so far. We'll see who he puts on the supreme court though. That's the decision I'm waiting on and it's probably going to be his most "telling" decision during his whole term.
  • zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I just don't get it.

I know from my view point, it is not overthrowing the government. Just standing for your rights and saying enough is enough There is nothing I would like to see more than seeing our government to succeed without trampling on our GOD given rights so set forth in our Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Lance

Lance, I would love to see the same thing. However, we DID vote for the people in the Government. We're supposed to "trust" in them right? I know it's hard to do but how many folks were up in arms during the Bush administration? They were squawking like most of the ones here are squawking about Obama.

Truth be told, I have had no problem with him so far. We'll see who he puts on the supreme court though. That's the decision I'm waiting on and it's probably going to be his most "telling" decision during his whole term.

Agreed, but if, and when, the people have had enough they will stand their ground. The POTUS, and his administration, has said and done things I don't like. If you don't believe that he had no prior knowledge when Napolitano put veterans, like you and I, on the right wing extremist list think again. I did not like that they have become so vested in the bailouts of the financial institutions and car companies that he has the power to fire those he don't agree with at will. These bailouts were passed and enacted when 75% + of the people were against them and said so to their elected officials. It is time to clean house and get those that listen to their constituents.

Lance
    edited November -1

I just don't get it.
    Just a couple quotes from some great people in our history:

``We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts - not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.''
    - Abraham Lincoln

Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.Patrick Henry, speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 5, 1778

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Stephens Smith, 1787

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
    Thomas Paine
  • mauser54mauser54 Member Posts: 3,733
    edited November -1
    +1, This out of control goverment has got the attitude that we the people have no say so anymore on anything. They do what they want, without our consent and against the will of the people. They have forgotten that they work for us and are to do what the will of the people is. This present administration is commiting treason against the people and our nation each and every day. I see more and more people getting fed up as time goes on, and one of these days the american people will not take anymore and will stand up and do whatever it takes to take this nation back. Granted, it won't be easy and ther probably will be lots of bloodshed, but freedom is not free. And there is a price for that freedom, unfortunately, it takes bloodshed in such circumstances. Our forefathers proved that. And when that time comes, and I believe it is coming, the biggest oath a person can take is not in words but in deeds and actions, what we as americans do to earn and take back our country and return it back to the way our forefathers intended it to be.quote:Originally posted by zink

I just don't get it.

I know from my view point, it is not overthrowing the government. Just standing for your rights and saying enough is enough There is nothing I would like to see more than seeing our government to succeed without trampling on our GOD given rights so set forth in our Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Lance

Agreed, but if, and when, the people have had enough they will stand their ground. The POTUS, and his administration, has said and done things I don't like. If you don't believe that he had no prior knowledge when Napolitano put veterans, like you and I, on the right wing extremist list think again. I did not like that they have become so vested in the bailouts of the financial institutions and car companies that he has the power to fire those he don't agree with at will. These bailouts were passed and enacted when 75% + of the people were against them and said so to their elected officials. It is time to clean house and get those that listen to their constituents.

Lance
    edited November -1
    Mauser is 100% correct!

And the danger of us loseing our rights is too close to wait for another election because once we lose our rights we will never get them back!

The time to act is now!

And to all you armchair patiots: Feel free to jump in any time you like. But I believe most of the armchair patriots will sit back and let those of us who are honestly willing to fight the good fight do thier dirty work for them!

To them I say they do not deserve to be free!
  • lvpattlvpatt Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    rogue rob please ,i look for your posts/threads, couple of other people also just because i like the way they write and express their views,even when i dont agree.but man,these oath taking places are really boring, same rhetoric all the time.
    someone with your analytical thinking,combined with the ability to express it in writing shouldn't waste energy on nonsense.

my opinion is expressed,get mad if u want.

pat
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Aspen79se

I just don't get it.

You're not alone.

Glad I'm not.....

Some of the guys here are starting to worry me.

You don't have to worry much. Most of the guys here rallying against the government are collecting government benefits. They lack the commitment to give those up and start a "revolution".
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lvpatt
    rogue rob please ,i look for your posts/threads, couple of other people also just because i like the way they write and express their views,even when i dont agree.but man,these oath taking places are really boring, same rhetoric all the time.
    someone with your analytical thinking,combined with the ability to express it in writing shouldn't waste energy on nonsense.

my opinion is expressed,get mad if u want.

pat

Didn't realize I had a fan[:I] Thanks. I'll take your advice and hush about it. You're right.

Aspen, I'm with ya man. But pat told me to chill out so I'm done with this thread.[:p]
    edited November -1
    Rob, just do what I do, drink. [;)]
  • lvpattlvpatt Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    rouge!

omg,nobody ever listens to me,are u nuts.

we live in a democracy not a republic!
    the constitution is not a fluid document.dred scot still stands,right?
    all constitutional experts are on this site,dont listen to any of those alleged, constitutional lawyers,even those who have,devoted their careers to studying/ interpreting/arguing only one amendment.
    every other country is wrong,unless they agree with us.
    everyone was allowed to participate and voted at the time of our founding fathers,not just 6% of the population that were land owners and met other requirements of the jurisdiction.
    be scared all the time, the zombies are everywhere.our news reprts are 100% accurate,dont bother to put dem thar foreign papers on your computer.
    i was a junior officer in the marine corps,during a very unpopular war,started by a lie,(gulf of tonkin resolution)and we spent most of our time debating,whether our orders were lawful or not.
    hope u enjoy satire/sarcasm.

pat