In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mirror hunting blind

lee_danlee_dan Member Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2009 in General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    westernMDhunterwesternMDhunter Member Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To expensive for my blood. I'll stick to branches and leaves.
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...Cool...I guess it may be made from highly polished SS, like mirrors in prison, vs glass, didn't read maybe far enough to see?

...Really hard to see!

...Whats strange is the Military is working on clothes that are made from something similar to fiber optics...you look at who is wearing the clothes and you see whatever is behind them, as it "bends" the light and objects to where you see "thru" the person wearing the clothes...and only see whats behind them...the invisable man may be reality soon...pretty wild stuff...[:0]

ani-texas-flag-2.gif
  • Options
    Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What happens when the buck sees his own reflection during the rut? [:0]
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bet there is a way to make your own on the cheap
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Interesting...
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    don't know if they'd work... (1) Wouldn't the sun reflect of them too? kinda like a signal mirror? I'm sure they would have to be pointed downwards, oven so.. It might still frighten the game if the sun did reflect off it (2) If the sun did reflect off it, wouldn't it be just like a sun oven you use for camping? You'd be cooking yourself if it did...
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by remingtonoaks
    don't know if they'd work... (1) Wouldn't the sun reflect of them too? kinda like a signal mirror? I'm sure they would have to be pointed downwards, oven so.. It might still frighten the game if the sun did reflect off it (2) If the sun did reflect off it, wouldn't it be just like a sun oven you use for camping? You'd be cooking yourself if it did...

If the sun reflects "OFF" an object, so does heat energy. Solar ovens reflect the sun ONTO the food, in order to heat it up.
    The black roof would make it hot, in the spring-fall, if the sun beat right down on it, but prob. would keep U warm in winter.
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    quote:Originally posted by remingtonoaks

If the sun reflects "OFF" an object, so does heat energy. Solar ovens reflect the sun ONTO the food, in order to heat it up.
    The black roof would make it hot, in the spring-fall, if the sun beat right down on it, but prob. would keep U warm in winter.

Are you sure. They make survival blankets out of reflective material to draw the heat in to you, not to reflect it "off you". So does solar ovens... And that's why the tin boxes in a prison or prisoner camp were called ovens
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    All the sides are angled down to reflect the ground and not the sun. Good idea but kinda pricey.
  • Options
    RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    It's certainly something to reflect upon.
  • Options
    kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thats funny!!!![:D]

although I will just stick to camo...
  • Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    You could see how buff you look in your tactical hunting uniform...
  • Options
    Predator.HunterPredator.Hunter Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check out this website:

www.theshadowshield.com