In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Kia commercial...don't get it

KSUmarksmanKSUmarksman Member Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
how are a bunch of rodents driving a Kia and playing some really * music supposed to entice me into buying one???

Am I missing something?

Comments

• screwobamascrewobama Member Posts: 625
    edited November -1
    Only if your a rodent and like * music!
  • KSUmarksmanKSUmarksman Member Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by screwobama
    Only if your a rodent and like * music!

hahaha, you mean like those little rats we call teenagers? [;)]
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    I happen to think it is a great commercial, sorry
  • spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Todesengel
    I happen to think it is a great commercial, sorry
    Yeah, that's one of my wife's favorites.

Ain't really all that different from the Quiznos creepy commercials... "We love them subs, they are a dollar off," featuring those singing rats.
    edited November -1
    well my point is that it just does not make me want to buy that vehicle...
    other commercials may be cute/pointless/creepy but when it comes to cars I actually like for them to mention the advantages of the car over competitors (whether its excitement, power, fuel economy, etc.)

The Kia commercial (especially the "music") just tells me they are pandering to teens/college age people...which is not a shining endorsement for me by any means...because apparently scions and the Honda "box on wheels" are popular among this group...and those cars are fugly and underpowered!
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    better than the screaming rats they had for quiznos pizza
  • susiesusie Member Posts: 7,474 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Let me help you out. The hamsters in the wire wheels are just spinning, going no where, stuck in the "rat race". The hamsters in the Kia Soul are moving along, enjoying life, listening to their favorite tunes. Much more cool and hip. If you look into what comes with the Kia Soul it is actually set up for audio junkies if you get the deluxe package with all types of ports for musical devices (MP3's, I-pods) and supposedly awesome speaker system. Not really a bad little vehicle and not as squared off as the other box cars.
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KSUmarksman
    how are a bunch of rodents driving a Kia and playing some really * music supposed to entice me into buying one???

Am I missing something?

I hope they weren't gerbils driving out of a tunnel .....
  • MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    What? I laugh my tail off over this commercial. The day I fail to find humour in life is the day I wish to die. Heck I am getting ready to watch "Happy Feet" on tv in 14 minutes.[:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Aspen79seAspen79se Member Posts: 4,707
    edited November -1
    That commercial is hilarious! Doesn't interest me in Kias though.
  • 44caliberkid44caliberkid Member Posts: 925 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I was in the market for an econo box I would research and test drive the Kia, based on the commercial, I like it.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by susie
    Let me help you out. The hamsters in the wire wheels are just spinning, going no where, stuck in the "rat race". The hamsters in the Kia Soul are moving along, enjoying life, listening to their favorite tunes. Much more cool and hip. If you look into what comes with the Kia Soul it is actually set up for audio junkies if you get the deluxe package with all types of ports for musical devices (MP3's, I-pods) and supposedly awesome speaker system. Not really a bad little vehicle and not as squared off as the other box cars.

if they wanted to influence me it would be a car with a REAL ENGINE and it would be blaring highway star...or some other music that isn't lame...again their attempt is weak
  • MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Aspen79se
    That commercial is hilarious! Doesn't interest me in Kias though.

Me either. Kia's do not attract me at all. Now I love the commercial.
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kia- Korean word for lawnmower.
  • chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    11b6r said "Kia- Korean word for lawnmower."

Even worse. To me KIA stands for Killed In Action

I'm not a Korean war vet but I'm not inclined to own a Korean killed in action car.
  • siralurtiksiralurtik Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KSUmarksman
    well my point is that it just does not make me want to buy that vehicle...
    other commercials may be cute/pointless/creepy but when it comes to cars I actually like for them to mention the advantages of the car over competitors (whether its excitement, power, fuel economy, etc.)

The Kia commercial (especially the "music") just tells me they are pandering to teens/college age people...which is not a shining endorsement for me by any means...because apparently scions and the Honda "box on wheels" are popular among this group...and those cars are fugly and underpowered!

God forbid you actually have to do research on your own.
  • Frontiersman101Frontiersman101 Member Posts: 3,259
    edited November -1
    Yes, you missed the falling of this country![:D] Wait, why am I laughing? It is a sad sad thing![V]
  • coltpaxcoltpax Member Posts: 7,516 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    KIA= Kisses Indian *

Commercial is unbearably funny, i think, but I dont like Kia's. dont you have to mix 2-stroke oil with the gas before you put it in the tank?
  • slipgateslipgate Member Posts: 12,741
    edited November -1
    No advertising is bad advertising. You got us talking about it on a newsgroup don't you?
  • RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1
    Please tell me of a car commercial that wants to make you buy one. Is it the Mercedes ad that tells you to tie a string around your finger so you don't forget to buy a Mercedes?

A few years ago Chrysler was telling us they finally figured where to put the wheels on a car. Ford was recently telling us they finally figured out (after a hundred years) where to put the shock absorbers on their trucks.