In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Computer question.

auctionplugauctionplug Member Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Probably simple but how to I take a picture out of a folder and make it a stand alone picture like the hundreds of others? I can scroll over all the others and open them or any thing else I want but this picture is in a folder all alone. Anyone? Please?

Comments

• auctionplugauctionplug Member Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Okay folks here goes.

If I have a desk top with no net connection can I plug a ethernet cord into my laptop to get the desk top on the net for updates?

Or will I just need to run the cord to my wifi router? If so how long can I go before it becomes a problem?

Thanks for any help, David.
    edited November -1
    Computer Question RE: Skype

Do you have to be always signed in to receieve calls from people; or can you be signed out and have them call?
    edited November -1
    Computer is starting to slow down. I was thinking that I probably need to install a cleaner. First, do you agree with my assessment of my computers problem? Secondly what product(s) would you recommend?
    edited November -1
    What would happen if I deleted all of the "cookies" in windows/temporary files? Are these needed?
    edited November -1
    Computer question.

Can you use a flash/jump drive as additional memory for your computer?

Is there a limit on the size of lash memory or the number of drives that you can put in a computer?
    edited November -1
    Computer question.

I recently bought some computer DDR3-1066 memory for my i7 980x computer build I'm doing and I noticed on the package that it says its designed for the LGA1156 platforms.

My question is does this really matter with computer memory? And will it work with my i7 980x which is a 1366 platform?
  • RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1
    Short answer - no. It's theoretically possible, but would be painfully slow. The only limit to size is the S/W driver and which OS you are using.