In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Barfington Post... RANT.

retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in General Discussion
Check out this crapola.... LINK

C&P... From The picture text...

quote:"In 2004, ten years after it first became law, Congress allowed a provision banning possession of magazines holding more than ten rounds of ammunition to expire through a sunset provision. Brady Campaign President Paul Helmke told HuffPost that the expiration of this provision meant that Rep. Gabby Giffords's alleged shooter was able to fire off 20-plus shots without reloading

(under the former law he would have had only ten)."

Just HOW MANY BULLETS did that idiot, Jared Lee Loughner, hit Rep Gifford in the head with..?

From what I can recollect... ONE Bullet penetrated and passed through the Representatives head...
And why just comment on Gifford? What about the others who were injured and the six who died...?
Is the representative the only one who was tragically affected by this idiot...?

AND... Had he (idiot J.L.Loughner) poetically obliged this ignorant "Brady Bill" concept of using only ten round mags...
He'd likely just carried more mags, simply reloading as he went...
The ONLY reason he was able to go on as long as he did before being stopped at all...
Was the simple fact that others in the vicinity were NOT armed... And he's damn clumsy.

What do these people think... That a law... Designed by idiots to hamstring law abiding citizens...
Will be followed to the letter by the mentally incapacitated...
Or followed by those criminally in control of firearms...
Or that "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED" signs will be acknowledged by anyone other than law abiding citizens...?

It only takes one bullet... One damn bullet of any size caliber, to do the evil deed...
Perpetrated by a crazed, criminal mind.
And a crazed, criminal mind will find a way around ANY LAW to achieve the desired results...

I wonder sometimes who the real criminals really are...
Those who these stupid damn laws are in fact directed at...
Or those in congress, who create these stupid damn laws... [:(!]

Rant over...
I just need to stay out of certain areas on the internet... Geesh!

Comments

• CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The ten round limit was a "feel good" measure designed to appease the antis. It was a stupid law back then and its still a stupid law in places that have a ten round limit. I can carry three ten round mags and get off 30 shots almost as fast as someone with two fifteen round mags. When is the govermnent going to realize that you can not legislate good behavior?? If a person is set on committing mayhem, no laws on the books are going to stop that person from carrying out his act.
  • bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "...If you get hit with 2 bullits, it doesn't really matter how many come after it..." (Tim Wilson)
  • Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    With training you can fire an insane amount of rounds form a bolt action or a revolver.

And the assault weapons ban banned production and sale it did not ban sale or ownership of existing stock.
  • retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Waco Waltz
    With training you can fire an insane amount of rounds form a bolt action or a revolver.

And the assault weapons ban banned production and sale it did not ban sale or ownership of existing stock.

Exactly my point... Coupled to the fact that IMO... It really doesn't take a whole lot of training...