In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Remington 870

TheSilentOneTheSilentOne Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Is the recoil on a Remington 570 12 gauge as bad as an NEF single shot 12 gauge. Both completely stock, shooting the same shells.

Comments

• TheSilentOneTheSilentOne Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I need some help from you 870 users. I was recently told that I needed to go to a gunsmith and have holes drilled in my 870 to mount a scope. Is this true, or are there scopes that fit without drilling? Thanks.
    The definition of an "expert":An "X" is an unknown quantity and a "spurt" is a drip under pressure.
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Would the 870 be fully loaded at the time? I assume it would weigh more either way, so less felt recoil.
  • A J ChristA J Christ Member Posts: 7,534
    edited November -1
    No. The 870 is heavier and will absorb the recoil a little better. Note the words "a little". Go shooting the heavy loads in either and both will kick you out from under your hat.
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The butt pads on the NEF single break open shotguns used to work pretty well. I havent even looked at one recently to see if they are still the same kind.
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,291 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:p]
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Shoot ten from each, then you tell me, I bet the NEF hurts more, they both Kick a lot more than a semi auto..
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll shoot slugs and buck out of my 870 all day long.

I find those double barrels and single barrels painful with slugs and buck.
  • ColtDoctorColtDoctor Member Posts: 97 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Howdy Pards,

My 870 does not seem to kick as bad as my NEF. I just love my 870 and have harvested just about anything that walks or flies with it. ' Can't recomend one enough...