In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Congress, credit cards and guns in parks

JohnFromCAJohnFromCA Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Congress Approves Bill Restricting Credit Card Industry, Allowing Guns in Parks.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/20/credit-card-forces-dems-vote-gun-rights/?test=latestnews

Comments

• Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    Which means, folks with credit cards, pay them off as fast as you can, and cut them up.
    Credit companies make most of their money off of penalties and fees, they refer to people who pay their bill off every month as "deadbeats," as they don't make any money off of them.

You don't expect the card companies to take the loss at the tune of a couple billion per year, do you?
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,895 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rcrxs old lady
    Which means, folks with credit cards, pay them off as fast as you can, and cut them up.
    Credit companies make most of their money off of penalties and fees, they refer to people who pay their bill off every month as "deadbeats," as they don't make any money off of them.
    You don't expect the card companies to take the loss at the tune of a couple billion per year, do you?

I am one of them, and fully expect things to change for me.
    I guess it's time to start writing checks again, and carrying cash.

Did I forget to mention that I hate BO's guts?[}:)][xx(][;)]

Edit: Actually you are wrong on 1 account,......everytime I use my card they collect a "merchant fee" from the location that it is swiped at. Guess they don't want that 2 or 3% any longer.

It's all part of the Obammy plan. Responsible folks will pay for the irresponsible. What do we really have to be surprised at?
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • JohnFromCAJohnFromCA Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The way I see that bill, pay off your credit cards, take them to the national park with your guns and shoot 'em. [:D]