In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

She is HOME.....I can go to bed!!!!

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
She came in saying how HORRIBLE it was because of all the Memorial Day Drunks that came in and how busy they were....and how much she didn't want to go tomorrow. Now I can go to bed! I remember the fast food days. I worked at KFC and will NEVER eat cole slaw again because of my time in that place!

Good nite guys!
LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• hooch31Lhooch31L Member Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    City folks. Ya'll make me chuckle. When I was a kid (13 and older) working at a McPuke's would have been nice.

I remember moving TONS of bagged feed in a day. I remember cleaning pig pens with a pitchfork. I remember baleing hay and filling the mow. I remember milking cows, pulling calves, dehorning, feeding steers, castrating young bulls, and all the work involved in pig/dairy farming.

Let us not forget the lovely "picking of the stones".... Picking a feild clean of stones in a day, tossing stones on a hay wagon, then UNLOADING them by hand as well....

On a brighter note, my son and daughter got to learn about "the picking of the stones" yesterday. Too bad they got to use a new JD Gator. [V] They needed to use a haywagon like I had to damnit. [}:)]
  • Nurse DebbieNurse Debbie Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Way back when I was a little girl there were no McDonald's. Fast food was putting a pot of beans on the stove that had been cooked the day before and heating them up. I learned the value of a good work ethic on the farm. That carried me thru college, nursing school and then on to a career for Uncle Sam. This is the same work ethic that I have imprinted into my own daughters(2) as they were growing up. We kept them busy helping out on the farm. Never gave them more than they needed and kept them to busy to get into trouble. They thought, at the time, that we were horrible parents but now they thank us now for the teachings we gave them.

Honey, probably the hardest thing for a mother to go thru is waiting on her child to come home. Waiting on that relieved feeling that comes with knowing that your child is safe in bed. My youngest is 27 and I still worry about her. She is a Capt. in the Marines over in Iraq and trust me, worrying about a child coming home from work is nothing compared to the feelings of worry a mother has for her child in a war zone. I pray you never have to feel that. I was in Vietnam and know all to well the horrors of war. [:X]