In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Johnstown Ohio

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
Anyone been to the Johnstown Ohio Swappers Day on labor day weekend? Anything you can tell me about would be great, coming up pretty empty with online searches. I'd like to know how large it is, if it's worth going, can you spend 3 or 4 days looking at everything, how they do their camping, golf carts allowed? etc...

Comments

• UNIVERSITY50UNIVERSITY50 Member Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • js1999js1999 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Johnstown is fantastic!!!! Definately worth going in our opinion. We personally think it is much cleaner than kenton, as it has some blacktop and the like so much less dust and mud. The last few years we have forgone Kenton for Johnstown. Johnstown is smaller than Kenton, but we find the deals are just as good. Acres and acres of vendors.
    And since Kenton is closed this year "due to the economy" per the owners, Johnstown will rock even more this year.
    We normally go on Saturday, thinking that was the opening day. But have found today, online, that they are open on Friday as well.

We only spend one day there, but you could well spend two days. But then we only spent one day at Kenton too. So you can't go on our experience on how long it takes to view everything. :)

I don't recall seeing any golf carts for rent. The Sportsman club may have gold carts to haul around things, but I have not seen buyers with them and have not seen any place to rent them. Scooters for handicap I'm sure they allow them, would have to.

Their web site said there will be no onsite camping this year, but list a campground about 10 miles from the flea market.
    www.johnstowncommunitysportsmansclub.com/