In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ban on Gun Sales to Marijuana Card Holders

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2016 in General Discussion
Gosh and all the users who don't have a card and get tested gets there's taken too! And you thought Obama was your friend !

serf

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/us-court-upholds-ban-gun-sales-marijuana-card-41778814

The court also said Congress had reasonably concluded that marijuana and other drug use "raises the risk of irrational or unpredictable behavior with which gun use should not be associated."

Wilson's attorney, Chaz Rainey, said there needs to be more consistency in the application of the Second Amendment. He planned to appeal the decision and his options include submitting the appeal to the same panel of judges that issued the ruling, a larger panel of the circuit court or the U.S. Supreme Court.

http://www.rrstar.com/article/20140321/NEWS/140329857

A joint smoked a week ago can get you an Illinois DUI

Isn't that Obama's home state? Sucker!

Comments

• Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    ATF sent us letters about that a couple years ago
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just as a point of order. How does the FFL know that the buyer has a weed card?
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    if they let it slip you are not allowed to sell since weed is federal
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun

Exactly! In truth there is no way so this is merely another 'feel good' law passed by the elected with zero enforcement ability.

Politicians create most problems so they can appear to be required to solve the problem when, in effect, they only 'monitor' the problem .... much like the commercials of 'monitors'.

[}:)]

Well they have a weed card, they probably try to use it as ID.... In that case stupid is as stupid does. Momma always said.
  • Options
    wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1

In Nevada, they put a little Green Leaf on you Drivers License.

Instant Denial!
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • Options
    rambo rebelrambo rebel Member Posts: 4,028
    edited November -1
    hell, I ain't never heard of anyone smoking weed that would want to go out and shoot somebody unless they stole their diorite's.[^]
  • Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't mind if they stole my diorites, but they better keep their hands off my hornblends and olivine.
  • Options
    mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    How's that gonna pan out in states like Colorado?

Is booze next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wiplash

Instant Denial!

Why cant they just put a little bullet on my DL for my carry permit? There is one * at the liquor store will not take my carry permit for ID. Ma'am the law says Govt Issued ID. It clearly is stamped GOVT ISSUED and is the new secure ID.
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Instant Denial!

Why cant they just put a little bullet on my DL for my carry permit? There is one * at the liquor store will not take my carry permit for ID. Ma'am the law says Govt Issued ID. It clearly is stamped GOVT ISSUED and is the new secure ID.

Sometimes when I'm somewhere that requires two forms of ID I will give them my DL and which ever comes outnof my wallet first, MT CCW, UT CCW or my Kuwaiti drivers license. Sometimes depending on wjere I'm at I just use the Kuwaiti license just to see the reactions [:D]
  • Options
    wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1

Instant Denial!

Wait, You still get Carded for buying Alcohol![:D]

I was cashing a check that I received at Bank of America awhile back and they asked for a second form of ID. I showed them my CCW Permit and they didn't want to accept it. In a firm and louder voice, I asked them, just what do you think that it took for me to prove that I am not a bad guy to get this!

Check cashed!
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Back in the day I went for my brownies never my gun.
  • Options
    kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Instant Denial!

What about your passport?[}:)]
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Just another means to disenfranchise an entire group of people from owning firearms. I'm not a doctor, but medical practitioners in some states feel that there is medicinal value to weed so that you can get a permit/card to use it. During prohibition you could actually get a prescription from a doctor for whisky. Whether or not that prescription also included a bag of ice I am not sure of.[;)]

Now we have a group of people who can legally answer question 11e truthfully: They are not an unlawful user of marijuana (whether or not it is addictive, I have no clue), but if their cannabis card is on file with a state agency, and that information is accessible during the background check, they are automatically flagged as a prohibited purchaser.

4473_zps5wh39mzr.png

It seems to punish those who play by the rules, while those who don't just move along through the system.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Passport does not meet ID requirement for a gun sale- no address.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It states... "MEDICAL marijuana card holders"

In the state of Washington and Colorado (maybe other states) a person registers with the state to get a medical marijuana card. It saves them from paying as much in taxes.

Question is, when are they going to go after the medical marijuana card holders (who owned firearms previous to getting a card) and confiscate those firearms?
  • Options
    Tech141Tech141 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep - The 4473 is a Federal form, not state-level.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,794 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    quote:Originally posted by mark christian
    Just another means to disenfranchise an entire group of people from owning firearms. I'm not a doctor, but medical practitioners in some states feel that there is medicinal value to weed so that you can get a permit/card to use it. During prohibition you could actually get a prescription from a doctor for whisky. Whether or not that prescription also included a bag of ice I am not sure of.[;)]

Now we have a group of people who can legally answer question 11e truthfully: They are not an unlawful user of marijuana (whether or not it is addictive, I have no clue), but if their cannabis card is on file with a state agency, and that information is accessible during the background check, they are automatically flagged as a prohibited purchaser.

4473_zps5wh39mzr.png

It seems to punish those who play by the rules, while those who don't just move along through the system.

No matter what any individual state permits, it remains against federal law.

The form says "Unlawful"
    Pot is lawful in CO, and other states.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chiefr

4473_zps5wh39mzr.png

The form says "Unlawful"

It's a catch 22! Obama turns his head and allows Cannabis (which has much stronger potent THC now ) in States and Even Washing D.C. to collect taxes and data on users and makes them pacified.However if you have an empty case cartridge in possession then your a felon!

But Federal laws along with states laws ban cannabis usage with owning firearms and driving vehicles! So if you live in the inner cities and don't drive,don't own guns and don't get on welfare than your fine with the authorities!

Obama believes black life's matters! But Gun ownership is out! Have a nice day and be assured that the authorities are here to protect your peace and security! Just give up a few rights and privileges so you can be a stoner citizen!

If you get caught by The Local authorities driving DUI with the swap DNA/drug test with positive results then cuff and stuff with a 10,000 legal fee along an armed detail police squad to arrive at your residence soon taking any/all firearms without compensation,for giving false statements and eluding the rule of law.

serf
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I couldn't care if a marijuana user buys a gun I think Uncle Sam has bigger fish to fry.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Many years ago I was in an Indianapolis gun shop and observed three African American gentlemen looking at a MAK90. During the review of the 4473 the clerk said, "Sir, I'm not sure you understood this question. 'Are you an unlawful user of or addicted to marijuana ...?'"

Buyer's response, "Naw, I ain't addicted to the doodoo, man."

The clerk allowed him to change his answer.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    evileye fleagalevileye fleagal Member Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Instant Denial!

i hate this too, its more hoops to jump then a DL
  • Options
    edited November -1

The form says "Unlawful"

Federal law TRUMPS State law anyday.... And it is a Federal Form, not a State form. Dot your Is and cross your Ts
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have to obey the federal laws.

I obey just like illegal aliens-Clintons x 3-oblowzo-DOJ-FBI-etc....
    Yup, obey all laws or I won't either.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mjrfd99
    You have to obey the federal laws.

I obey just like illegal aliens-Clintons x 3-oblowzo-DOJ-FBI-etc....
    Yup, obey all laws or I won't either.

Yep read a report they caught over 1000 suspects in New York State for trying to obtain false identification by using face recognition!

The Feds are allowing states to play the game so they can later ferry out the suspects when The Feds want to play law enforcement on gun ownership! Wake up for your not going to slip by anymore!

Big brother is just waiting so all the old people will die off so all the young one's growing up been train to accept finger print scanners at the lunch counter!

Then * recognition,eye scanning,smart chips and DNA testing! In fact in the militarily you must submit to it all ready now! All Hail Caesar! Achtung papers is old technology! Hitler would have loved the new technology!

serf

http://www.pressconnects.com/story/news/local/new-york/2016/09/02/face-recognition-technology/89778458/

A digital photograph can be matched to photos in state and national databases to determine if an individual has multiple identification cards, social security numbers and whether they are illegally receiving state benefits under multiple identities, according to Owen McShane, director of DMV's Division of Field Investigation.

When it comes to a New York State ID, both driver and non-driver, the DMV will be unable to issue a new card without clearance of the new photograph through the program.
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If they stopped all the fraud this country just might be great again.
  • Options
    DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Could be public record. If not, lets face it, the ATF can access anything.
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did anyone clue the Clintons regarding this unlawful part?[:o)]
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,317 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wpageabc
    Did anyone clue the Clintons regarding this unlawful part?[:o)]
    Billy didn't inhale.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1

4473_zps5wh39mzr.png

The form says "Unlawful"

Not when you talk to the feds, or fill out their form.

Lawyer it up all you want, at your own peril.
    Exactly.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect

4473_zps5wh39mzr.png

The form says "Unlawful"

Not when you talk to the feds, or fill out their form.

Lawyer it up all you want, at your own peril.
    Exactly.

Alcohol has killed more than Cannabis ever has but it stays in the body long term while booze gets removed. Their both drugs but if your addicted to alcohol I doubt BATF can do anything until a doctor steps in and calls you unfit.

Lawyers didn't change prohibition the people did and it was ingrained already in Western ideology!

serf
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by serf

Alcohol has killed more than Cannabis ever has but it stays in the body long term while booze gets removed. Their both drugs but if your addicted to alcohol I doubt BATF can do anything until a doctor steps in and calls you unfit.

Lawyers didn't change prohibition the people did and it was ingrained already in Western ideology!

serf
    And so?
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    quote:Originally posted by serf

serf
    And so?

Abstention-abstinence is the best policy. Then if not then acute is better than chronic [:D]

serf