In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

2 Knee Surgerys Coming

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
Well i see a surgeon Wed to see when he can do them. I am hoping to do both at the same time. I will push for that hard.

I have torn meniscus in both knees. Both knees are where they cant fix them. They will trim the least amount off the meniscus they can.

The doctor does not understand how i hurt the knees without knowing when or how. I told him around Christmas i was passing out a lot that it was probably then.

I looked up some surgerys on youtube and it is a piece of cake. LOL

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    How long before you could walk.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks i take advice when it makes since. LOL

I want to get them both done by the end of the year because i have met my 6000 dollar deductible.
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've also heard not to do both at once, yet Old lady neighbor did both at once she was in her 60's, somehow she did great and was on her knees gardening come spring. Go figure
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    Riomouse911Riomouse911 Member Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had three operations on my right knee in 12 years, in order: a meniscus clean up after a knee/patella dislocation; a patellar release , meniscus, and hyaline cartilage (end of the femur) clean up after a wakeboard jump "cookie-cuttered" my meniscus due to impact; and a torn ACL from a training injury that was replaced with a patella tendon graft.

Being laid up for a while stinks, but at least I was able to walk about to eat, take showers, go to the bathroom, etc. The first two kept me in bed for a few days, then I was slowly up and about. The ACL took me a long time to heal from because the staples covering the patellar graft site kept me from bending the knee at all for over 6 weeks...and then months of PT followed.

With both knees down? Your wife/kids/family/nurse better really love you because they'll probably be tending to your every * need until you are up and ready to hobble to the can on your own. My injuries happened during my 20's and early 30's, so I was able to bounce back pretty quickly. If you're older, it may take longer to get back in the saddle again...especially for two at a time.

Good luck with the surgeries however you choose to do them, and my fingers are crossed for success and a pain-free result!