In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Disney Fires Americans Hires Foreigners Instead!

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
The Magic has left Disney! They raise rates then fire Americans to hire
Foreigners! It's all about the money and it's going to get ugly here soon.Soon a new poor will be born in America as The NWO sets in it's Agenda!

serf

http://www.computerworld.com/article/2915904/it-outsourcing/fury-rises-at-disney-over-use-of-foreign-workers.html

https://normsaysno.wordpress.com/2015/04/24/remarkable-congressional-briefing-on-h-1b/

It's amazing that the lobbyists actually admit H-1B displaces some Americans out of STEM. In a sense they have to admit it, since this was the major finding of one of Giovanni's own early papers, and of course incidents like the recent one in which SCE replaced American ITers by foreign workers make the point obvious. But still, quite remarkable that the lobbyists have gotten to the point of admitting this, albeit only verbally and without the press present.

Equally amazing is the apparent concession that H-1B does reduce overall STEM wage levels. Again, they have to admit this, as even the pro-industry Brookings researchers and even the NRC report (with representatives from Intel and Microsoft on the commission) admitted so.

But in making these concessions, the lobbyists seem to be working at cross purposes with themselves. On the one hand, they say that tech is vital to U.S. interests and thus they promote getting more Americans into STEM, while on the other hand saying that it's not a problem that H-1B suppresses STEM wage growth and thus discourages Americans from pursuing STEM careers.

Comments

• Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great theory!...love your post![;)]
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1964 worlds fair had more advanced exhibits then disney...

Mickey is a rip off...[:o)]
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,493 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wpage

The 1974 Worlds Fair is roughly contemporaneous with the Epcot Center in Orlando.

Took the wife to Epcot about 10 years ago. The original rides/attractions that remained at that time were virtually identical in technology to those that were at the 1974 Worlds Fair.

It was a real blast from the past.

Quite a few foreigner workers at Epcot back then.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Since Foreigners are the only people that can afford to visit the park.

Makes since economically to hire them instead of training each American employee to speak 37 different languages.
  • Options
    320090T320090T Member Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Disney has always had a large, very large, foreign employee number in the general employment. They flock over here doing college program, then stay, cramming 8 or so in one apartment to pay the rent. My daughter works there and has noticed it for years, and years. Disney sucks!
  • Options
    riflemikeriflemike Member Posts: 10,599
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wpage

its THAN Disney...do we really have to keep going over then and than.............................................guess so...its not that hard , i barely got out of HS
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't have a problem with it, Disney exists to make money, not provide jobs. It makes sense to me that they'd want to bring in a lot of diversity in their work force to appeal to their international audience.
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    I don't have a problem with it, Disney exists to make money, not provide jobs. It makes sense to me that they'd want to bring in a lot of diversity in their work force to appeal to their international audience.

I would agree. Smart business to a point. They are not in business to lose money and make you feel like a kid.
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess you don't care as long as you don't lose your job and that is why we are losing America
  • Options
    LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I went to Tokyo Disneyland it was completely overran by foreigner's
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by LaidbackDan

It's "FURRINERS". Do we really have to keep going over this?
  • Options
    DirtyDawgDirtyDawg Member Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When you hire someone on a visa, the employer does not have to contribute to social security for that employee. And, it takes much needed money away from the bankrupt Social Security system. Employers do this to reduce their cost of hiring employees, at, the expense of destroying our country.

All of this is planned and orchestrated. It's not an "accidental loophole".
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Profit is a requirement for a business. Ruthless disregard for employees isn't.quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DirtyDawg
    When you hire someone on a visa, the employer does not have to contribute to social security for that employee. And, it takes much needed money away from the bankrupt Social Security system. Employers do this to reduce their cost of hiring employees, at, the expense of destroying our country.

All of this is planned and orchestrated. It's not an "accidental loophole".

Good Point! And the corporations get to drain all the brains from other countries and pay them less for The NWO too!

This thread is not just about Disney but Congress giving Corporations more ways to siphon money to off shore Tax Havens with legal immigration to off set jobs for Americans!

I say boycott Disney they are UnAmerican! Star Wars too! [:D] World Royalty runs the NWO,wake up!

serf

https://taxhavenguru.wordpress.com/2014/12/21/disney-koch-industries-used-tax-havens-routed-through-luxembourg/

Walt Disney Co., giant conglomerate Koch Industries Inc. and other companies channeled hundreds of millions of dollars in profits through units based in Luxembourg in secret deals designed to legally avoid paying U.S. taxes.
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,687 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by guntech59
    quote:Originally posted by LaidbackDan

It's "FURRINERS". Do we really have to keep going over this?

If he was in Tokyo it would have been 'gaijin'! How many times do we have to cover this?