In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Silly NR Bidder...

NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2013 in General Discussion
So I bid on this Benelli M2 and got outbid. I'm not bitchin', I know that's how it goes. But the NR that outbid me then proceeded to bid ABOVE the BIN price.[:D] Do these folks just not get it?[?]

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=327283370

Comments

• Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It looks like he placed his higher bid BEFORE you bid. The GB site was uping his bids. What was your highest bid???
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No wonder....it's TACTICAL!!!![8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by babun
    It looks like he placed his higher bid BEFORE you bid. The GB site was uping his bids. What was your highest bid???

I started at 1200 then went to 1300. He had already bid higher and I'd decided that 1300 was my max. The thing I don't understand is why they proceeded to bid up over the Buy It Now price of 1495? As of right now it's at 1650! The seller's probably laughing his butt off![:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    With a bid increase of $25, I don't understand it either. Even if he bid $3000, why is it not just 25 more than your bid if he placed the bids before you???[?][?][?][?][?]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    With a bid increase of $25, I don't understand it either. Even if he bid $3000, why is it not just 25 more than your bid if he placed the bids before you???[?][?][?][?][?]

There's another bidder goin' at it with him. I dropped out at 1300.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NeoBlackdog

There's another bidder goin' at it with him. I dropped out at 1300.

NOW I see it !!! DUH
  • Options
    pistoljimpistoljim Member Posts: 967 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I started at 1200 then went to 1300. He had already bid higher and I'd decided that 1300 was my max. The thing I don't understand is why they proceeded to bid up over the Buy It Now price of 1495? As of right now it's at 1650! The seller's probably laughing his butt off![:D]

The "buy it now" option goes away once the reserve price is met.
  • Options
    bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pistoljim

The "buy it now" option goes away once the reserve price is met.

Ahhh! Just looked that up. That makes more sense than what I was seeing. I hit the reserve with my first bid of 1200 and cancelled the BIN. Guess I should re-title the thread to "Silly A+(43) Buyers!"