In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Do you know the difference?

11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
edited March 2014 in General Discussion
What is the difference between "Match Large Rifle" Primers and Regular "Large Rifle" Primers? (other than the cost)

I know this is a reloading question, but thought it would get more reads here also.

Comments

• Options
    11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There's a lot in this article that I was totally ignorant to.

Sikhs vs. Muslims
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    never knew, thanks
  • Options
    nards444nards444 Member Posts: 3,994 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Viktor
    There's a lot in this article that I was totally ignorant to.

Sikhs vs. Muslims

Not a bash on you but people in general are usually pretty ignorant to most religions they dont call their own. Most people do not understand the worlds basic 5 religions( Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddism, and hinduism)let alone all the sub sects of each and the hundreds more of small sects of varying religions around the world. Most people classify all christians the same or all the muslims the same, and its just not true.

Unfortunately this creates a lot of issues the world has had over the years. And if one were really to stop and do some research you would actually find that different religions often times have more in common then they do differences.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did know the difference. In fact there is no love lost between Sikhs and muslims.

quote:5 religions( Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddism, and hinduism

A lot of people would argue that Buddhism is not a religion.
    RLTW

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sam06

I did know the difference. In fact there is no love lost between Sikhs and muslims.

quote:5 religions( Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddism, and hinduism

A lot of people would argue that Buddhism is not a religion.

No I know as it can be seen as philosophy on living life and has a wide spread of ideas and such. But then again any religion is a life philosophy . I believe buddism still consist half a billion people which still qualifies as something.
  • Options
    md1634md1634 Member Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    getting into the weeds. Ignorance can really be intentional or unintentional depending on how you look at it. Ignornace its self is a state of lacking knowledge. really it depends on how you want to get to that state. But I would still agree with you often times its people that truly are unwilling to understand, even if they say they are.

Either way ignorance, unwilling, stupid, hard headed however you want to coin it that wasnt my point. And with lots of people Im not so sure its not willing as its what their dad told them, common or local perception, news headlines etc.
  • Options
    nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    More to this story than most of you care to hear but...

Probably the most stunning woman I ever laid eyes upon. She was followed closely by a gentleman with the beard and peaked turban. Very probably the dagger too. She was there at the request of her husband who wished that we meet her.

Her father and I hit it off immediately. (By the way her husband was at least nominally a follower of Islam.) When I asked him how that union had ever happened he replied that the husband was a good man and though we call God by many names, there was but one.

I thought that comment profound.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nord
    More to this story than most of you care to hear but...

Probably the most stunning woman I ever laid eyes upon. She was followed closely by a gentleman with the beard and peaked turban. Very probably the dagger too. She was there at the request of her husband who wished that we meet her.

Her father and I hit it off immediately. (By the way her husband was at least nominally a follower of Islam.) When I asked him how that union had ever happened he replied that the husband was a good man and though we call God by many names, there was but one.

I thought that comment profound.

Whats bolded is quite profound. And if you like I already said were to study and do a direct comparison of many beliefs you would find most if not all have one supreme being even if they have other spirits. You would also find that most belief systems carry most if not all the same morals, have some the same teachings. More times than not like you said they are just called by different names.
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,638 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good read. Also, nice to see you posting again!