In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Headed to the range...

PacManPacMan Member Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
Gonna try out the new Black Friday Henry 22. Can't wait!!! Gonna get the ol Redhawk 45 a little dirty today too!! Yeehawww! A little 1911 and Single Six action is in order too!

IMG_0171.JPG

Comments

• Options
    xxx97xxx97 Member Posts: 5,721
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by IronWill45
    Gonna try out the new Black Friday Henry 22. Can't wait!!! Gonna get the ol Redhawk 45 a little dirty today too!! Yeehawww! A little 1911 and Single Six action is in order too!

IMG_0171.JPG
    ok now your just showing off... [:D]. Have fun,plenty of pics...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [/quote]ok now your just showing off... [:D]. Have fun,plenty of pics...
    [/quote]

I don't always show off...

But when I do...

It sure feels good![:D]
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Home, home on the range
    Where the Redhawk and Henry can play
    The 1911'll do, and the Single Six too!
    And the targets'll show what they do!!

Thankyou, thankyou,
    I'll be here all week.
    [:D]
  • Options
    BLKSRT8BLKSRT8 Member Posts: 631 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow that's a lot of shooting. With the weather close to 45 this week I hope to get some shooting in also.
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NeoBlackdog
    Home, home on the range
    Where the Redhawk and Henry can play
    The 1911'll do, and the Single Six too!
    And the targets'll show what they do!!

Thankyou, thankyou,
    I'll be here all week.
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I was in San Antonio a few weeks ago, we went to the Alamo. They had a few Henry rifles on display that were used at the Alamo during the battle. They also had a Winchester that looked like a Henry. I don't recall the model, but they looked identical. Pretty cool how long they have been around and that they are made not to far from me. right here in NJ. I have never owned a Henry, but I do see one in my future.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well'p...no range report.

This time of year I kick the kids out of the house to go make some money raking leaves for a few bucks. The wifey comes home while I'm all packed up to head out to the range and says she checked on the kids and they needed some more leaf bags and that they looked a little over their heads on this job. So I packed up some more bags and my leaf blower to go help the kids out.

I get there and organize a plan of attack to get it done quickly so I could head to the range. Well, the wife of the house (about in her early 30's) comes out to thank us for helping out. She looked a bit sick and talked slow. She goes on and tells me she has breast cancer and had both of her breasts remove and goes to chemo next week. I was taken back a bit considering how young she is. She said her husband and son have been tied up with regular house chores, work and hospital runs and just could not get around to doing the yard and appreciated what the kids were doing.

Shortly after that the home owners had to leave. So, the kids and I finished the leaves. I then noticed the clean yard still looked like crap...has not been tended to in a while. I send the kids off to play and I run back to the house and load up the 71 Sears Suburban with yard tools and head back over to their house.

Well after about a few hours their yard looks fantastic and perfect. I'm sure they will really appreciate it when they return home this evening.

I'll save the range report for next weekend, y'all.
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good job! Neighbors like you are a real blessing.
  • Options
    BLKSRT8BLKSRT8 Member Posts: 631 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great story, and like said above neighbors like you are hard to come by. It makes you feel good when you were going to do something you had your heart set on and fouund a better reason to break your plans. Kudo's to you and your kids. hope she gets better.

MIKE
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good for you and the kids! I am sure your neighbors will appreciate you for the blessing you are.
  • Options
    MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    When I was in San Antonio a few weeks ago, we went to the Alamo. They had a few Henry rifles on display that were used at the Alamo during the battle. They also had a Winchester that looked like a Henry. I don't recall the model, but they looked identical. Pretty cool how long they have been around and that they are made not to far from me. right here in NJ. I have never owned a Henry, but I do see one in my future.

ORIGINAL Henry's and vintage Winchester's were made in New Haven, Connecticut. I've been inside of the last surviving buildings. It's awesome, and I even found gun parts to bring back!
  • Options
    MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
    edited November -1
    By the way, since the Alamo was fought in 1836, that's about 24 years before the Henry was designed....
  • Options
    steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beat me to it quote:Originally posted by MG1890
    By the way, since the Alamo was fought in 1836, that's about 24 years before the Henry was designed....
  • Options
    xxx97xxx97 Member Posts: 5,721
    edited November -1
    Range will Be there...good job... [:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the pat on the back fellas....I like to think anyone and everyone would lend a helping hand to a family in need in any way they could...even if it is just a little yard maintenance.

Hope the lady and her family wins the battle.

Well....off to the range maybe next weekend![:D]