In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

More snakes

calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
edited May 2014 in General Discussion
Since the gopher snake incident that scared the crap out of me, I did some research so I could try to quickly ascertain whether a snake was dangerous or not.

Wednesday, I was checking the trench for the pipes we're running and there was a rattlesnake on a rock. I think he must have been cold because we weren't even sure if it was alive. He met his fate with a .410. Yesterday, there was a little tiny black snake with with a yellow stripe and a little bit of red. I knew he wasn't a threat so he got thrown into the field. As we were riding on the UTV, we saw another snake. It turned out to be a gopher snake about 4 feet long but he was already dead. He was still glossy and the only trauma we could see was that his head was bloody. No idea what happened there.

My neighbor also hit a king snake with the bobcat. It was a small one but he was pretty disappointed.

Comments