In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

My Great Grandmother is driving my parents nuts...

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,716 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
She is living with them now. The stories my mother tells me are funny as can be....while they are also pitiful at the same time. Mother can't leave her alone at all. She puts paper plates in the dishwasher, forgets where she is, constantly going through things.

She told mother the other day that Billy (my Dad) shouldn't just come in peoples houses and act so bossy.

She wakes up sometimes at 4am...and gets ready for the day. This is going to be a long ordeal for everyone.

I thought the plan was to get her in an assisted living facility, but turns out she is too far gone to be in one of those. She needs to be in a nursing home, but I don't dare ask what the hold up is for that. I don't know what the finances are like for anyone these days.

I know they haven't settled with the insurance company for the house burning down yet....but I doubt that will cover what it will take to get her in a place she needs to be in. I want to help some, but one of the problems is she stays so confused. I don't know if having her stay here some would be too much for her. We will figure it out.
LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    oldemagicsoldemagics Member Posts: 5,828 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sorry to hear that Kasey
    have dealt with several like that
    one went to bank at 04:00 and set off an alarm trying to get in the front doors and asked the responding officer why they wouldnt let her in
    staying in one place is probably going to be eassier for her as the different surroundings can confuse them even more as they dont quyite grasp WHY things are different/changing from day to day
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,716 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think the one saving grace is that she is VERY happy. This lady is the happiest person on the planet. You cannot upset her...no way....no how.

I hate to think about it....but I may be volunteering to take her to church on Sundays. Its the best thing I can think of. She was REALLY involved in her church. She will love to see all of her buddies if I can swing it.

The hard part is driving the 45 minutes to and from Church.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    diver-rigdiver-rig Member Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    AAAAARGGG

Sorry. Hopefully everything will turn out foe the best.

Maybe she needs a hobby.[:D]
  • Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    For some, Leaving this earth is a Messy process...

My Heart goes out to you Kasey.

Love Her, and enjoy what you can of the last days.
  • Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Life is a circle ... hopefully a happy one
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Options
    Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My heart goes out to your family.

Will keep you folks all in my thoughts and prayers. [:)]