In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Dads3040

Okie MomOkie Mom Member Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in General Discussion
give me a call

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    So as not to hijack Fordsix's thread I've C&P'd your response here...

quote:Originally posted by Dads3040

FCD, you have some of the most amazing stories. And the best part, is that you lived through them.

I don't suppose there is a picture showing the look on your face after the Big Bang? [;)]

Doesn't everyone have stories like these? Just seems like another day to me. There was a period in my life when I woke up every day and wondered if I would see the sun set, and it just seemed like it was normal. I wasn't angry about it, it was just the way it was. I committed many of these experiences to memory to reflect on later.

The irony of that story is it involved heat, and most of my really harrowing stories involve extreme cold. And yes, you are correct; the best part is I survived. Sadly, many of my best friends did not, and it is for this reason I remember all these things in such detail.

Cold is much harder to describe though, so I'm still working on how to frame some of those stories. I spent much of my late teens into my late 20's outside, every day. The Cold slows everything down (like slow motion), and it's every bit as dangerous as an instantaneous flash like the story above, but it just goes on and on...and on, never letting up.

I can remember getting up at oh-dark-thirty, sitting on the edge of my bed and thinking the day ahead would be beyond possible. To cope I'd have to break the day up into chunks, with the first one being if I could just get my truck started (when it was -38F and the wind blowing at about 50mph). Then the next 'chunk' would be if I could just get to the job site 80-100 miles away out in the boonies. And so on. In retrospect, to me, those days seem orders of magnitude harder/more dangerous than the one in the story. The car paint story was one you could laugh about over a beer; the extreme cold stories you couldn't really even talk about because there was nothing funny. And it went on...and on.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Your package got mailed today. You have an e-mail with the tracking #,,
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It's in route, sent it book rate so it should take a week or so.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you for the generous giveaway, it was much appreciated.[:)][:)][:)][:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can you send me an email when you see this.
    My email through here should work, if it doesn't let me know.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Do you know if any kind of funeral or memorial will be held for W.D.? If so, and you are planning to attend, would you be interested in having flowers delivered on behalf of us here on GB forums? If so I would be in for $25-$50. Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Package recieved.
    Thanks again!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Dads3040- I know you don't like me. Maybe you hate me. That's fine. That's your privilege. What I don't understand is why you feel the need to post sarcastic and degrading comments on my posts. You never actually participate in the discussion, you just poke me and it's old. Why don't you just ignore me? Please, just ignore me. I have already reduced my participation on this forum tremendously because I got tired of pests harassing me at every turn. I thought I was finally done with that crap. But then here you are.

I'm going to leave the forum for a while and take a break. Would you please take this opportunity to think about what's important in your life? I'm sure you have better things to do than be a thorn in my side.

However, if you simply cannot mind your own business and not needle me at every opportunity just say so and I'm done. You make this experience so unpleasant for me that I would rather be gone than have to take your little jibes any longer.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How ya doin'?
    Hopefully your recuperation is coming along good and you'll be back on your feet soon.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dads3040

If I had known about the great happy juice they give you, I would have had my wisdom teeth taken out one at a time. [:D]
    I'm an 8! https://youtu.be/rX87ipNTiIY?t=4m50s [:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Chris, of all the people on here, I am so glad you stuck around. You are the number one person that I want to shake hands with. You are truly, a genuine person and a man of integrity. I just wanted to tell you that. Oakie
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How far away from Newport, OR are you Brother?

-Ken-
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well Chris, I owe ya an apology. Email inbound.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Looks like I have to start an apply loading spree tomorrow in Hood River then finish loading in Washington, 4 pickups! Load in the morning and headed that way now. Not sure where I'm pulling the plug tonite.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How'd the surgery go? Are you gonna be up for a trip down Tumbleoff before the season ends?[;)]
    Hope it went good for you and that you're back up and at 'em soon!