In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Do you carry a

asopasop Member Posts: 8,921 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2014 in General Discussion
handkerchief in your pocket? Pulled out the pocket knife to cut some twine one of my grandkids messed up and took out the handkerchief to get at it. He asked what it was and what I used it for and did he need one! Just something I've always done[:0]

Comments

• Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    no, but i do carry the cheap wally world white rags
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I carry a red or blue bandana/snot rag every day. If I have to wear dress cloths I carry a white handkerchief/snot rag. It was installed in me at a young age that you always had your hanky and pocket knife.
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    I carry the walmart cloths too.I do not blow my nose into them though.I blow the snot on the ground then merely wipe my nose with the cloth.
    NEVER blow your nose into your hanky![xx(]
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,825 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's why I wear long sleeve shirts.
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,103 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I usually have a few tissue in my coat pocket.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,112 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,512 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Haven't carried a handkerchief for over 30 years.

I think pulling a rigid, crusty piece of cotton out of my shirt pocket lost its luster when Kleenex made them disposable....
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    Missouri Mule K30Missouri Mule K30 Member Posts: 2,092 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    yes, or long sleeve shirt[;)]
  • Options
    wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can flick a Booger and pick off the Flea on a Bee's * at 10 feet!

I don't need no fancy hanky!
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes I sneeze a lot.[;)]
  • Options
    rossowmnrossowmn Member Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No hanky, but I always have a couple of folded-up paper towels in my left rear pocket, mainly to temporarily stop the blood flow when I cut myself with my pocket knife or other dangerous object. It gives me time to head for the duct tape.[:I]
  • Options
    cranky2cranky2 Member Posts: 3,236 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    all my life. Left rear pocket. Red or blue, I need the big ones.
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    What does a poor man put on the ground and a rich man put in his pocket?

Snot.
  • Options
    Removed at users request.Removed at users request. Member Posts: 3,027
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

I think pulling a rigid, crusty piece of cotton out of my shirt pocket lost its luster when Kleenex made them disposable....

Agreed. I've had someone offer me their handkerchief before. Declined, I'd use my sleeve first.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,984 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

X-Ring Don, right on target! Hankercheif = [xx(]
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,984 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    quote:Originally posted by asop
    handkerchief in your pocket? Pulled out the pocket knife to cut some twine one of my grandkids messed up and took out the handkerchief to get at it. He asked what it was and what I used it for and did he need one! Just something I've always done[:0]

Never, ever without a handkerchief.

Wearing glasses, one is necessary.
    [^]

Not even, I carry lens cleaners.
  • Options
    asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    quote:Originally posted by asop

Never, ever without a handkerchief.

Wearing glasses, one is necessary.

[^]

Same here.
    Just about anywhere ya go, there's a men's room with a paper towel dispenser. Been using the same faded bandana to wipe my glasses for so many years it has holes in it. Not once has it caught snot.
  • Options
    slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Handkerchief, pocket knife, and wrist watch. Feel naked without any of the 3. Also an ink pen and small pill container with anti diarrhea pills and over the counter pain meds.
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Two. One clean one for my glasses, one to blow my nose in. Been doing that since 1st grade in 1985, and was made fun for it all the way through high school... all the while other people snorted their snot and wiped it on their shirt sleeves. Who is the stupid one that should be made fun of? [:D]
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No

I use the "Snot rocket" technique.

snot_rocket.jpg

[8D]
    RLTW

• Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    heavy duty paper towels
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,235 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The four items that are ALWAYS in my pockets: lip balm, knife, handkerchief, and wallet. One in each pocket. I seldom use the handkerchief for blowing my nose, but it's there in case. I use it most often to clean my reading/sun glasses, but have used it to stop bleeding, wipe up spills, daub stuff out of people's eyes, and more. I buy good ones (linen) but consider them more or less disposable if they are used with something nasty or staining.

A fresh, clean one is mostly sterile, doesn't shred, has many uses, and never becomes ugly litter. Can't say that about tissues.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    ZinderblocZinderbloc Member Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I'm with Don. I have tissues at work, at home and in the car, and pocket packs for outdoor travels. I seldom carry a hankerchief anymore.
  • Options
    reload999reload999 Member Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've never used a handkerchief in my life, let alone carry one. that's what disposable Kleenex is for [:)]
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1

Didn't get out much, did you? [:D]

Kleenex turned 30 sometime back during the Eisenhower administration.
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,235 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I assume you tissue lovers hold onto your snotty piece of paper until you find a trash can, right? Or do you just drop your little loogie wad on the ground/floor?

I also suppose you've never tried to bind up a wound with a kleenex, or grab a hot pot handle with a tissue.

Those little tissues are fine - for one thing and one thing only. A good handkerchief excels for lots of things. Just sayin'
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nope...I keep baby wipes in my glove box though and my wife keeps them in the diaper bag.....disposable is much better I think when it comes to stuff that can carry disease.
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab
    Those little tissues are fine - for one thing and one thing only. A good handkerchief excels for lots of things. Just sayin'
    That's pretty much my take.
  • Options
    torosapotorosapo Member Posts: 4,946
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab
    I assume you tissue lovers hold onto your snotty piece of paper until you find a trash can, right? Or do you just drop your little loogie wad on the ground/floor?

I also suppose you've never tried to bind up a wound with a kleenex, or grab a hot pot handle with a tissue.

I'm with you on this Rocky[8D]