In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gunshow finds .....

PTHEIMPTHEIM Member Posts: 3,374
edited October 2012 in General Discussion
in Great Valley, NY today.

Don't find anything along the lines of reloading supplies I was looking for but I did come with home 10rd of Remingtons premier CopperSolid saboted slugs, a few humorous bumper stickers and a '30s vintage police billy club.

Looks like I'm going to have to shop the auction side more.

I asked one vendor, since he had a bunch of receivers on display, if he had or knew of any Rem 870 magnum receivers available.
He did not have any and said he wished he did as everyone he came acrossed was looking for them because the shoppers receivers were spliting.
ANyone out there hear of this???

Comments

• Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    pure BS, in over 50 yearsi have never heard of a split rem 870 reciever, i have heard of a few rem auto shotgun recievers developing stress cracks. eastbank.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,381 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Not a shotgun expert by any means, but have bathed myself in firearms since the mid 70s. Like eastbank, I call bs on what that guy told you. I have never heard anything except good about 870s.
  • Options
    DRP-AZDRP-AZ Member Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The newer ones are cast crap. The 700 receivers are too.

They don't take bluing well and rust with the slightest provocation.

Cheaping out, is Remington's forte these days.