In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Trying to figure out what they think

bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,221 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in General Discussion
What do the rioters in Greece, Spain and France think?

Those countries are BROKE, there is no money to keep up the charade of pay for no work, more vacation than work and retiring on a cushy pension at 40.

They are no stupid, they are not illiterate, they are capable of understanding "there ain't no money". Do they really expect nothing to change, the free ride keep on forever?

Budgets MUST be slashed, there is no other way....

Comments

  • MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can you blame them being pissed? They got SCREWED, and the fat cats walked away with all the money.

    The same thing has happened here in the USA, but our population is too stupid to realize it!!!!!!!

    Merc
  • Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,827 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    What do the rioters in Greece, Spain and France think?

    Those countries are BROKE, there is no money to keep up the charade of pay for no work, more vacation than work and retiring on a cushy pension at 40.

    They are no stupid, they are not illiterate, they are capable of understanding "there ain't no money". Do they really expect nothing to change, the free ride keep on forever?

    Budgets MUST be slashed, there is no other way....


    The leadership must lead them to austerity by setting the example. If they do that I think the riots will stop.
  • firstharmonicfirstharmonic Member Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    These countries are also a very good example of how spending money that you don't have is a certain recipe for fiscal disaster. We are doing the same things, some areas on a smaller scale and some on much larger, and will surely end up the same way.

    We're already broke; just existing financially on our ability to borrow that 42 cents of every dollar that Washington spends.
  • 17tobyracing17tobyracing Member Posts: 3,429 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by firstharmonic

    We're already broke; just existing financially on our ability to borrow that 42 cents of every dollar that Washington spends.


    Yet, we still give Israel $3 billion in Foreign & Military Aid annually![V]
  • trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 17tobyracing
    quote:Originally posted by firstharmonic

    We're already broke; just existing financially on our ability to borrow that 42 cents of every dollar that Washington spends.


    Yet, we still give Israel $3 billion in Foreign & Military Aid annually![V]




    A drop in the bucket compared to the total we waste overseas. [xx(]
  • 17tobyracing17tobyracing Member Posts: 3,429 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by trapguy2007
    quote:Originally posted by 17tobyracing
    quote:Originally posted by firstharmonic

    We're already broke; just existing financially on our ability to borrow that 42 cents of every dollar that Washington spends.


    Yet, we still give Israel $3 billion in Foreign & Military Aid annually![V]


    A drop in the bucket compared to the total we waste overseas. [xx(]


    It's 30% of our annual Foreign Aid budget...

    The U.S. gives Israel $3 billion a year. Not loans. Grants. Free money. And this has been going on for decades. They are among the top 25 countries in GDP per capita. Why are we GIVING them American tax dollars?

    us-aid-to-israel.jpg
  • BGHillbillyBGHillbilly Member Posts: 1,927 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 17tobyracing
    quote:Originally posted by trapguy2007
    quote:Originally posted by 17tobyracing
    quote:Originally posted by firstharmonic

    We're already broke; just existing financially on our ability to borrow that 42 cents of every dollar that Washington spends.


    Yet, we still give Israel $3 billion in Foreign & Military Aid annually![V]


    A drop in the bucket compared to the total we waste overseas. [xx(]


    It's 30% of our annual Foreign Aid budget...

    The U.S. gives Israel $3 billion a year. Not loans. Grants. Free money. And this has been going on for decades. They are among the top 25 countries in GDP per capita. Why are we GIVING them American tax dollars?

    us-aid-to-israel.jpg


    And where does Germany rank and how many dollars do we funnel to thier economy and to all the others by keeping military base open there. That money supports other countries econmomies, increases our military budget and helps our country in no measurable way.
  • DRP-AZDRP-AZ Member Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How did a discussion about Austerity measures turn into another Paultroon Jew-bashing fest?

    You guys just can't help yourselves. If there's a boogeyman, it must be a Joo!

    Ridiculous.

    Greece, Portugal and others are learning that GOVERNMENT never has the power to GIVE you something in perpetuity.

    That's because GOVERNMENT doesn't produce ANYTHING, it STEALS from the Producers. When the Producers have been worn down, driven out or simply quit, Government has no way to entice them back to Producing except by promising to steal LESS from them....for awhile.
  • moonshinemoonshine Member Posts: 8,471
    edited November -1
    Yet, we still give Israel $3 billion in Foreign & Military Aid annually!



    why don't you get a JOB and contribute.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,221 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 17tobyracing
    quote:Originally posted by firstharmonic

    We're already broke; just existing financially on our ability to borrow that 42 cents of every dollar that Washington spends.


    Yet, we still give Israel $3 billion in Foreign & Military Aid annually![V]


    Afghanistan costs us two and a half times as much.... PER MONTH!!!
  • KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    Budgets MUST be slashed, there is no other way....


    this is the problem. everybody knows(both here and there) that deep cuts need to be made, but nobody wants their interests to be effected.

    EVERYBODY is going to need to take a big old bite of the crap sandwich on this one.

    taxes have to go up.
    entitlement benefits(regardless of what you did or didnt do to earn them) have to go down. (yes, this includes military benefits and healthcare)
    government programs, subsidies, etc need to be drastically curtailed.
    the government needs to be scaled back to a level we can afford.

    all of this needs to be done drastically and NOW. like ripping off a bandaid. if we try to slow bell our way into this, we might just as well aim for the ice berg.

    of course, since everybody wants everybody else to suffer the cuts while their interests remain untouched, this will never happen. people in this country are far too self centered to sacrifice for the common good.

    we will be greece in <10 years, most likely <5. it almost hardly matters who we elect in november. neither of them(as well as the really important part of the 1/3rd of congressman etc up for reelection) have the balls and bipartisan support needed to salvage our economy.
  • Oso2142Oso2142 Member Posts: 2,940
    edited November -1
    I don't think that there's much to their thinking. No, I think it's about behavior to get what they want, and they know what's worked in the past.

    Just like you go to work to get your belly fed, they know to get into the streets, and to throw things at the cops, and they'll get their belly fed. It's just a simple act of survival. So, who do we blame? I'm thinking it's the one who rewarded negative, and highly-destructive, behavior.

    Can't train the animals to pick the right path, when greater rewards exist down the wrong road.
  • 17tobyracing17tobyracing Member Posts: 3,429 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DRP-AZ
    How did a discussion about Austerity measures turn into another Paultroon Jew-bashing fest?



    "Jew-bashing fest"? Who's bashing the Jews? If you question the legitimacy of our spending for Israel, then you are bashing?

    I would think that the proposed austerity measures would include the hault of Foreign & Military Aid spending of monies we do not have. That would include the near $3 billion given to Israel annually, along with the combined billions we give to others in Africa, Asia, South America, Middle-East, and Europe.
  • DRP-AZDRP-AZ Member Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You Paulbots are JooObsessed.
Sign In or Register to comment.