In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

a few military one liners

savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,458 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in General Discussion
"Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are absolutely guaranteed to hit the ground."

"It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed."

Try to look unimportant; they may be low on ammo."

"If your attack is going too well, you're walking into an ambush."

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once."
"don't't draw fire; it irritates the people around you."

"If you see a bomb technician running, follow him."

"Blue water Navy truism: There are more planes in the ocean than submarines in the sky."

"If the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter, and therefore, unsafe."

"When one engine fails on a twin-engine airplane you always have enough power left to get you to the scene of the crash."

"Without ammunition, the USAF would be just another expensive flying club."

"What is the similarity between air traffic controllers and pilots? If a pilot screws up, the pilot dies; if the ATC screws up, the pilot dies."
"Weather forecasts are horoscopes with numbers."

"Mankind has a perfect record in aviation; we never left one up there!"

"Flashlights are tubular metal containers kept for the purpose of storing dead batteries."

Advice given to RAF pilots during World War II: "When a prang (crash) seems inevitable, endeavor to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slow and gently as possible."

"Never fly in the same cockpit with someone braver than you."

"If something hasn't broken on your helicopter, it's about to."

"You know that your landing gear is up and locked when it takes full power to taxi to the terminal."

As the test pilot climbs out of the experimental aircraft, having torn off the wings and tail in the crash landing, the crash truck arrives, the rescuer sees a bloodied pilot and asks, "What happened?" The pilot's reply, "I don't know, I just got here myself

Comments

• Options
    gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [;)][;)][:D][:D][:D]
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books