In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sure miss you Dad

RadarRadar Member Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in General Discussion
Its been 6 years today since you passed but it seems like so many more,but like yesterday also.Sure miss you Dad

Comments

• Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    20 years later, you'll think you've dealt with it, and it will punch you in the stomach like the kick of a mule.

Be thankful you had him while you did, and remember the good times, not the end.
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    29 years for me this past Jan... I still have wandering thoughts at times 'bout he and I goin' fishin'...
    His favorite past time. I miss him dearly still today... While it does get easier... the pain and sorrow are still there. [V]

Hang in there Radar... He knows of and sees you every moment of every day.
    I believe that's what keeps your memory of him alive in you...
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    16 years for me. I plan for Dad and myself to hunt opening day of deer season. Myself and his BAR .243. He would have enjoyed it.
  • Options
    gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dheffley
    20 years later, you'll think you've dealt with it, and it will punch you in the stomach like the kick of a mule.

Be thankful you had him while you did, and remember the good times, not the end.

+1
    This Nov. 20th will be 38 years........I was 19.
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books