In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

NEED SOME HELP...

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
I am too busy right now to look but I need a song...I know the name, I know how it goes, know who wrote it, but want a very specific one...

And yes I am too busy...boss is out of town so working doubles, (..doing the fund raiser (trying to get donations), taking care of classic etc so please if you can, find it...

I need to find a copy of an instrumental...the song is Last Date...it was done by Floyd Cramer on the piano...I DONT WANT THAT ONE....

I want the one done on the trumpet by Bert Kaempfert I think...Please try to find it...or if I am wrong, which I am quite often, and it was done by another trumpet player, please please find it...I had it once and lost it..

Its the most beautiful song done on trumpet, its indescrible what it does to a person...absolutely breathtaking...

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Wanting to buy a new computer....dont need a monitor, just the tower....the one we have is too old, too slow...

Dont want to go too high price wise, also not a lap top...already have one ...classic hates it, so its a desktop/tower...

Only thing we need to run on it is the monitor and camera stuff...printers are cheap so one can always pick up another model, same as in mouse, so throw out your ideas...

By the way, please dont tell us to build our own, cant be bothered and not enough info is known....prefer to buy...

Funny thing...used to be on top of ALL computer technology...then I got married and forget it...seems I got left way behind so be gentle guys...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i need some help. i am looking at newer inline 50 cal. muzzleloaders, but am totally clueless. What are some good ones for$150-$250? they can be used...if you could please post auction links from GB...thanks

edit: no scope though, cant use them here....i would like somethin like this

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=61005450
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    heres the bottom line.

there is light/general use computing(email, facebook, gunbroker, basic web browsing, photos etc); and theres heavy duty computing(editing, media management, remote serving etc).

if all you plan to do with it is light duty stuff, go to your favorite box store and pick one off the shelf you like. the numbers are going to matter much for you, with the exception of storage space and with computers coming off the shelf with 320gb+ hard drives unless you take an unreal amount of pictures or have a lot of audio/video storage you're not going to fill it up. if its a problem, you can get an external, or several. it doesnt make a lot of sense to buy the most super duper high end computer if all you're going to do with it is email and post here.

if you're a heavy duty computer user, you have bigger needs; but the other side of that is that if you were a heavy duty computer user you wouldnt be asking for advice here.

as far as brands, thats mainly a personal preference. i only buy dells. ive had nothing but success with them and i find them to be quite reasonably priced. ive had nothing but trouble with compaq, but i have heard they have imporved their quality since being bought by hp. on the topic of hp, i like them, but i find them to be over priced. they come with a lot of features that the average user doesnt need.

apple makes a decent product, but in my opinion they want far too much money for it.

many of the lower end brands provide a decent value for the buck, but are plagued with frequent problems based largely on the low quality of the parts they use. id rather spend a few more dollars and get a machine i know will be there for me than go cheap and be back in the same boat too soon. its a pain in the * getting a new computer set up the way i like it. reinstall all the software, configure all the settings, reload the pictures and videos and documents etc et al. i try to do that as few times in my life as possible.

all that being said, its your dollar.
  • Options
    gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books