In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

who is getting ICE

jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
started to get freezing rain here in eastern panhandle of Wv about 1 hr. ago.
wasn't susposed to start till midnight. looks like it is going to be a mess in the morning[:(]

Comments

• Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    Sucks to be in central IN tonight as well.
  • Options
    MrGunz22MrGunz22 Member Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We are expecting another 10-12 here tonight in NY. That make about 9' so far this year. Its been in the single digits at night for about a month now....What ever happened to all that global warming they were talking about?
  • Options
    cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hasn't started anything here yet.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    not yet in SW VA
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    not yet in SW VA

its COMMING[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rain kicked in about an hour ago in West Central TX. Temps dropping and supposed to turn to ice by midnight and snow in the morning.

We will be paralyzed...no snow removal equipment here.
  • Options
    cowdoccowdoc Member Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    only got a couple inches of snow....to cold for ice here -6deg and falling.... windy pry about -30 below wind chill or more....tomorrow night will be colder...may have to dig out some winter clothing lol
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    We just got a light dusting of snow. Wind chills will get to about 35 below tonight.

Tomorrow's high is predited to be about zero. Wind chills will be about 30-40 below.

I sure wish it'd snow some, though.
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We got 2 inches of snow today with another 4-6 tonight and about 10 inches tomorrow with +50 mph winds.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by armilite1015
    We got 2 inches of snow today with another 4-6 tonight and about 10 inches tomorrow with +50 mph winds.

well part of your land will be bare[:D]
  • Options
    wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It was so slick here in NE Kansas this morning it was difficult to stand up. It has misted off and on all day. We're supposed to get 10-12"s of snow tonight and tommorow, with 40mph winds. A high of 8 degrees Thursday. Enough already!
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:jwb267
    Advanced Member

USA
    8492 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2011 : 8:43:55 PM Show Profile Email Poster Reply with Quote

quote:Originally posted by armilite1015

well part of your land will be bare
    Go to Top of Page

Unfortunitly it won't be my side walks or my driveway.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wundudnee
    It was so slick here in NE Kansas this morning it was difficult to stand up. It has misted off and on all day. We're supposed to get 10-12"s of snow tonight and tommorow, with 40mph winds. A high of 8 degrees Thursday. Enough already!

you need a set of these 100_0433.jpg
    3/4" cletes that strap on the arch of your show. they saved my butt several times
  • Options
    cowdoccowdoc Member Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jwb267
    quote:Originally posted by wundudnee

you need a set of these 100_0433.jpg
    3/4" cletes that strap on the arch of your show. they saved my butt several times

i have used short sheet metal screws screwed into the bottom of pack boots a time or two....hey i had to improvise and it worked
  • Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    19? here in Western Ohio, and it's raining like crazy. Of course it instantly turns to ice. [V][:(!][:(]
  • Options
    SXSMANSXSMAN Member Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Weatherman said 9pm and it still hasn't started in central Ohio.
  • Options
    ChetStaffordChetStafford Member Posts: 2,794
    edited November -1
    It is getting bad here in Central Indiana they were plowing it like snow 2 hours ago
  • Options
    shortphatokieshortphatokie Member Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    27? in central Oklahoma right now with sleet hitting the windows......supposed to have up to 12" of snow before it's over tomorrow afternoon.
  • Options
    oldnbaldoldnbald Member Posts: 3,578
    edited November -1
    Abilene, TX is due to get it later tonight, along with 5" - 10" of snow. Don't mind the snow, but don't like the ice. Bundle up, guys, it's coming!
  • Options
    medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    oldnbald...didnt know you were in Abilene too.

Sleet has started already and hear it hitting the windows.

Tomorrow is going to be slick as snot here.
  • Options
    pitbud5pitbud5 Member Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Starting to get it nw okc
  • Options
    GashaulerGashauler Member Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Talked to my mom in Central IL at 9 her time and it was raining and turning to ice (22 degrees). She said it was supposed to do that until the morning and then get 10-20 inches of snow and 40 mph wind. Her boss told her when she headed home that he would see her on Thursday. My sister is supposed to call her work before she heads in (wouldn't be the first time they told everyone to stay home) and almost all of the schools had already been canceled for at least tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    it's as shiny as a brand new penny outside this morning and as slippery as snot on a door knob[:D]
  • Options
    djh860djh860 Member Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a 30 foot iceicle here in MA