In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Garden pics today

jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2017 in General Discussion
I am not as close to the equator as Don so my garden is not as far along. I almost have it planted. So far I have potatoes, golden queen corn, peaches and cream corn, cabbage, beets, sweet potatoes, bell peppers, top-crop bush beans, peanut beans, water melons, yellow squash, zucchini, celebrity and better boy tomatoes, cucumbers, okra, and egg plants. I got it fertilized and Miracle growed so one more working and it should be ready to start harvesting.

BQBhchj.jpg
cHUDcS0.jpg
kNtLibA.jpg

I use to put out 100 lbs. of seed potatoes in this garden (6 rows) and would have a pickup bed full at harvest. If the beans do as well as usual they should turn off over a hundred quarts. I have six rows of sweet corn which will make a hug corn pile if I can keep the * out.

Comments

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice looking garden.
    RLTW

• Options
    Irish 8802Irish 8802 Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jltrent
    I am not as close to the equator as Don so my garden is not as far along. I almost have it planted. So far I have potatoes, golden queen corn, peaches and cream corn, cabbage, beets, sweet potatoes, bell peppers, top-crop bush beans, peanut beans, water melons, yellow squash, zucchini, celebrity and better boy tomatoes, cucumbers, okra, and egg plants. I got it fertilized and Miracle growed so one more working and it should be ready to start harvesting.

BQBhchj.jpg
    cHUDcS0.jpg
    kNtLibA.jpg

I use to put out 100 lbs. of seed potatoes in this garden (6 rows) and would have a pickup bed full at harvest. If the beans do as well as usual they should turn off over a hundred quarts. I have six rows of sweet corn which will make a hug corn pile if I can keep the * out.
    That's not a "garden" That's a farm..Very Nice..
  • Options
    wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is very pretty. My stuff is barely up and not nearly as large. Nice looking place.
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,649 ******
    edited November -1
    I didn't plant potatoes this year. First time in 27 years. They are so cheap in the stores, I used the space for other things. Seed and plant prices are sky high around here!
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jimdeere
    I didn't plant potatoes this year. First time in 27 years. They are so cheap in the stores, I used the space for other things. Seed and plant prices are sky high around here!
    I have several hundred dollars in my garden as seed prices are too high
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,941 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Looking real good!!! It cost way too much to garden nowadays. Seed and fertilizer are way to high. I do like to see things grow. Don
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12

Looking real good!!! It cost way too much to garden nowadays. Seed and fertilizer are way to high. I do like to see things grow. Don

they make a pill for that [:D]

very nice spread, and lots of work too

i harvest my own seeds from the plants that do the best for me, this year im am going to attempt it from herbs cause i'm cheap that way
  • Options
    mmppresmmppres Member Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sure looks good. keep us posted
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,999 ******
    edited November -1
    Jealous!!! Looks great,WTG!!! [^][^][^][^][^][^][^]
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's hard, almost impossible to garden with the intent on saving money, although those that are serious about a garden don't really plant for the $ savings. Very nice garden pictured.....lots of work too [;)].

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i guess you guys have not priced produce lately, i will also make a few grand off mine with the peppers, but will also save about 300.00 bucks in roma tomatoes,red onions, garlic, and herbs

roma 1.99#
    red onion 1.99+#
    garlic 3.99#
    herbs are the most ridiculous at 3.99 an ounce

i will make at least 8 gallons of the best spaghetti sauce ever that you cannot buy at the store, but if you could it would be about 8.00 a jar
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,929 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I was a kid we always put out a big garden every year