In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Downsized

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
Used the old grill 8 yrs and was totally burnt out. We use them 5 days a week at least to cook on. Got this infared one with 2 burners ON sale of course.

DSCN1884_zps4e74e20f.jpg

Comments

• Options
    pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    I like it, I had trouble keeping my infrared elements clean, I should have taken better care of it. I use my grill frequently as well. Hope it runs good for you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pietro75
    I like it, I had trouble keeping my infrared elements clean, I should have taken better care of it. I use my grill frequently as well. Hope it runs good for you.

You are suppose to take them out and wash them frequently. If that gives me a hassle I will just remove them.[;)]
  • Options
    jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just a few parts and the old grill would have been good as new.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jltrent
    Just a few parts and the old grill would have been good as new.

Sure.. I could have added a regulator and hose kit on top of this.. and spent around 135 or so.. Got this one for just a little more. I will make a charcoal grill out of the other one.

http://www.charbroil.com/replacement-parts/grids-grates/commercial-series-4-burner-grill-refresher-kit.html
  • Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's something interesting- A friend saved his old Bar-B-Que and converted it to house his grinder. With the lid open, it work great, all the shavings etc end up in a fireproof enclosure. When done, close the lid, no cleanup
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    One upgrade I really liked on a friend's patio was simply connecting to the gas company lines. If you have that available, sure simplifies matters. Those friends have the grill and a stone oven for baking, all outside on a covered patio. Built it all themselves by going to a BBQ supplies store, getting plans and parts. After that it's all sweat equity!

Oh yeah, right next to the hot tub [:)]
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,209 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So where does the wood go?
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,123 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodhog
    Here's something interesting- A friend saved his old Bar-B-Que and converted it to house his grinder. With the lid open, it work great, all the shavings etc end up in a fireproof enclosure. When done, close the lid, no cleanup
    great idea,,,[;)][;)][^][^][^]
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    The place my friends went to when they designed their built-in, natural gas BBQ and stone oven.

http://www.bbqgalore.com/
    logo.png
  • Options
    pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    quote:Originally posted by pietro75
    I like it, I had trouble neglected keeping my infrared elements clean, I should have taken better care of it. I use my grill frequently as well. Hope it runs good for you.

You are suppose to take them out and wash them frequently. If that gives me a hassle I will just remove them.[;)]

Yup, I should re-word that sentence.

I like that grinder idea.
  • Options
    realspeedrealspeed Member Posts: 6,335
    edited November -1
    I have that same grill and I love it