In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anger and hurt

Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
This may not be the place to talk about this, hell I know it aint the place but I need to vent real quick about a personal issue.

I send my wife $700 every two weeks, automaticly deposited into her bank account. She has a job making roughly $300 per week. I pay all the major bills, car payments, mortgage for her house and so on. We are seperated She has little bills.

Other problems aside and her spending habits aside even though this may be part of the problem. I still get emails from Vonage when she gets voice mail, I'm not spying but the Vonage account is in my name, not hers. I have been noticing voice mails from my youngest sons school, most of the time Vonagew cannot transcribe the voicemail. I just see the call from the school and that there is a message.

I am going to post a message I got today that was transcibed. The words are wrong, grammar is wrong but this is what you get when a computer puts your words into print. It looks stupid but you get the point of what the person who left the message is saying.

quote:"Hi this is a nice school District. I'm calling about tennis lunch account balance. It's a balance of $8.65 that is. I wants to reaches $10. We had to serve an alternative meal. That would consist of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich fruits, vegetables, milk. Thank you. Bye"

I called the school and asked what this was about. My wife it seems has problems paying for his lunches, this has been an ongoing problem. My son will not go to school and have to eat an alternate lunch!! That has got to be humiliating!!

I took care of the problem, I paid his lunches for the rest of the school year.

Right now I am furious, shaking mad. I have screamed some things at the wall that wasnt very nice.

This has been a problem my entire marriage, money problems. Broken dreams, ruined plans, almost 6 years of contracting in the middle east and most of the money gone. I am bailing myself out of as jam she put me in while I am buying me a new home.

The last friggin thing I need to worry about is my boy not having lunch money!! I get no emails from her, no friggin updates, nothing! I have emailed her asking the staus on my daughter. The last I heard she was in jail.

I am not a bad person, yes I have a temper but I am not a bad person.

I gave my life to that woman, every dime went into a join account, she controlled it and she spent it.

it is onyl this past year I took control of my finances and my life. I have a plan and am executing it.

My new house is a short sale, I'm still waiting on the current mortgage holder to sign the agreement but hopefully soon they sign it and I can close, my bank is ready to close and they have my DP and closing money. After that my next plan is to retire from contracting by Christmas 2012 and Kenny is moving in with me.

Right now it just seems like I am fighting a losing battle with that woman. I am providing her with more than a court would force me to provide AND SHE STILL CANNOT PAY BILLS!!!!

Sorry for making you read this, venting at the wall does me no good. All the screaming I did a little while ago has my throat sore as the devil and I cannot quit shaking.

Sure this may not seem like a good reason to get upset but it is the final straw that has the horses back ready to break. She has a long long history of this bullsnot and I am tired of it!

Comments

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,334 ******
    edited November -1
    I appreciate you venting here. I know it looks bleak now, but it's bound to get better. Keep yelling at the wall if need be to vent.

Prayers sent.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    RogueStatesmanRogueStatesman Member Posts: 5,760
    edited November -1
    You might consider cutting back on the amount of $$ you send her OR just cut her off completely and pay everything yourself. If you guys are separated, then all you need to do is worry about your children and not her. Sounds like she doesn't worry for you. All in my humble opinion of course.

Oh yeah, KEEP ALL YOUR RECEIPTS!![;)][;)]

Take Charge Man, and God's Speed!

[:)]
  • Options
    garanchgaranch Member Posts: 3,681
    edited November -1
    If I were you I would do what you did for the boy. Pay for his lunches for the rest of the year. I did not catch how old he is, but if he is old enough to handle having a little extra money give him some. DO NOT give it to her to give to him, 'caause he will never get it.

Tell her that you are going to pay this certain bill, that certain bill, etc..
    Tell her that you are going to send her x amount of money each month and that is it.
    She can piss and moan all she wants but your amount is your amount.
    She has proven that she will bleed you dry if you let her.

But I would make it very clear to her that if you find out that she is neglecting any responsibility regarding your son then there will be Hell to pay. No matter how small.

You are trying to be all things for everyone. You cannot. Be the man for your son (as you already are). But, forget about trying to keep the peace with her also. You are paying all of the bills so she came go by your rules or she can get a job and forget about you sending the money.

She is working you and she knows it.

Just my simple opinion.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Pa Redneck

quote:"Hi this is a nice school District. I'm calling about tennis lunch account balance. It's a balance of $8.65 that is. I wants to reaches $10. We had to serve an alternative meal. That would consist of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich fruits, vegetables, milk. Thank you. Bye"

I called the school and asked what this was about. My wife it seems has problems paying for his lunches, this has been an ongoing problem. My son will not go to school and have to eat an alternate lunch!! That has got to be humiliating!!

What is humiliating about a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? I like them!

Lonnie, on these very boards when you were making your plans for the overseas contract work there were a large number of people who told you not to go off to the Middle East, including a few that said that it might well ruin your marriage. You had most of the same issues when you came back from the first contract yet you decided to go back again and of course they issues only became worse. Now you are separated from the woman but you are still trapped. Unless you come home and physically pay the bills yourself then there is not much that can be done to improve the situation with the finances. As long you are sending the woman money you'll be fighting a losing battle with the idea that she will use it responsibly.

That is probably not what you wanted to hear, but I think that it is the reality of your situation.
  • Options
    lew07lew07 Member Posts: 1,055 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are a decent man Sir!! Hang in there and as other wise men suggest try and by pass your wife on financial matters and deal with school etc directly yourself.Sadly this seems to be a common thing these days.Im sure one day your son will realise what you have done for him and see how you behaved decently while your ex wife did not!!
  • Options
    twototootwototoo Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    do yourself a favor, keep a log of EVERYTHING! keep a call log, expense log, record voicemails (if legal in your state), save any and all email correspondence. Sounds like you should have custody of your child as you are the provider, you keep these documents and records, use a little sense and cunning and she will be paying you child support before the year is over. [}:)]
  • Options
    partisanpartisan Member Posts: 6,414
    edited November -1
    I have 3 ex wives, so I can really feel your pain!!! What's happening to you goes on everyday with Exes all over the country. The last time I got in a screaming (NOT physical) match with my current wife (no.4) I went to jail!! She told the cops that I scared her. Be careful when dealing with the exes, they are even worse!!!
  • Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Just curious Lonnie, how and what is Robbie doing?
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    go to court and get a court ordered support amount, which you say will be less than what you're paying now.

if the child(ren?) is/are responsible enough to handle it, give them the difference directly.

you're letting the ex call the shots and it would appear she isnt up to the challenge. time to take back control.
  • Options
    owen219owen219 Member Posts: 3,799
    edited November -1
    Get a very good attorney!!!!!
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pa Redneck

I'm also glad that you vented at the wall and some here too!

You got some great suggestions ffom some of the folks here that can identify with what you are experiencing ... and your feelings, including the frustration, disgust and anger.

Believe near everything is covered by:
    Mr. Perfect
    dennisnielsen
    KEVD18
    RogueStatesman
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I don't know about the laws in your state, but I am going to offer you a piece of advice.

When I got divorced, I was told to pay my ex "shut up money" because we used the same lawyer. She could have went back from the DAY we separated and asked for support, even though I had been willfully paying her a set amount of money every week. That money could have been considered a "gift" and she could have went after support from day one.

My advice to you is, talk to a lawyer. All this money you have been giving her MAY be considered a "gift" and she may well go after you later for rearage of support. She sounds like the type that would.
    That rearage may hose your finances pretty bad.

Sorry about your situation. She sounds like another baby maker that thinks her hole is a goldmine. She doesn't care about the kids, just the income they bring her.
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,686 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I really feel for you and everything that you are going through. I think you have a wonderful plan and getting yourself taken care of so that you can take your son and him live with you. One thing you may could think of this as is an "easing into" being a single father....

Right now you are depending on her to keep up with everything and let you know when you are needed. When soon you will be the #1 person to keep up with it all. You are lucky you have some time to get prepared and get your mind wrapped around it all....

Looking at what I take care of and Larry knows NOTHING about is school lunches, when report cards are due, when any and all sports are signed up for and what equipment we have to buy, getting everyone to and from the extra mess they participate in, spring break, fall break, Christmas break, dental checkups, orthodontist checkups and balance due on Liam's braces, Karen's permit test is coming up for her driver's license, any medical appts for the kids or dogs, the buddies and various drama that enters in when you have them over....there is a lot more, but you get my point.

Try not to get mad, just go ahead and deal with everything you would if she weren't in the picture. You are a great parent for watching out for your little man!!! I would love to see a picture!

My little man is currently standing in front of me asking if he can throw away some of his Dad's stuff that he left in the kitchen....I'm tempted to say yes, but I'm saving the crap (even though I'd love to see some of this mess go away!)
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    zacklazackla Member Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get the best lawyer you can find and fight now cause you are going to have to in the end and i mean the best damn lawyer money can buy I have been there
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by zackla
    Get the best lawyer you can find and fight now cause you are going to have to in the end and i mean the best damn lawyer money can buy I have been there

+100
    And good on you for covering the kid.
  • Options
    jamesjojamesjo Member Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I understand your frustration.
    But, There is a lot more to running a household than sending money.
    Maybe you make all kinds of bucks overseas, that's great.
    But you want to be a real dad, and take care of your family, you need to be there too.
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Take a deep breath count to 10 B4 dealing with a ex...

Communication is the key. Speak to the child 1st then the wench.
    Take it from there. Secret to success is not to let it hurt you.
    If it hurts you she wins.

Be cool! Trust in God 1st.